Skip to content
- Crystal Lagoons on a multimillion-dollar technology license to Oleta, a developer of North Miami.
- Crystal Lagoons on its licensing agreement with Wynn Park.
- Several pharmaceutical laboratories on regulatory matters and patents infringement in Chile.
- Numerous high-impact entrepreneurs on their global development.
- Limited Brands (Victoria’s Secret) on the negotiation for the immediate suspension of unauthorized Victoria’s Secret fashion shows in Latin America.
- Crystal Lagoons, a Chilean company and the owner of a technology that allows keeping water of large-scale pools absolutely crystalline without incurring in high costs, on the licensing, protection of technology and the trademark and patent registration concerning the company’s projects in North America, Latin America, Middle and South East Asia and Australia.
- The 33 Chilean miners trapped underground in the Atacama Desert for 70 days in 2010, on the protection, licensing and sale of their intellectual property rights over the experience they lived through in the depth of the San José mine. We advised them in negotiating an agreement with Hollywood producers to film a movie.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized as a WIPR Leader, World IP Review (2020-2021).
- Recognized in Intellectual Property and Life Sciences, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Intellectual Property, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Intellectual Property, Telecoms and Media, Data, Technology and Privacy Law, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Data - Data Privacy and Protection, Data - Information Technology, Trademarks and Patents, Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized in Intellectual Property, LACCA.
- Recognized in Intellectual Property, Technology and Information Technology, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized as Best Individual Lawyer in Intellectual Property in Chile, Client Choice.
- Recognized as IP Star, Managing Intellectual Property.
- Recognized in Patents, IAM Patent.
- Recognized in Trademarks, WTR 1000.
- Recognized with the Award of Merit, AIPPI.
- Recognized in Intellectual Property and Life Sciences, Top Ranked Legal.
- Named Lawyer of the Year in Intellectual Property, Best Lawyers (2016).
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the Advisory Council of the Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Member of the Board and past president of the American Chilean Chamber of Commerce (AmCham).
- Counselor at Endeavor.
- Member of the Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI).
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Member of the Licensing Executives Society Chile (LES Chile).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Former member of the Governing Board of the Association of American Chambers of Commerce in Latin America and the Caribbean (AACCLA).
- Former chief legal counsel, Crystal Lagoons.
- Former member of "Grupo Acción Digital", part of the Chilean government plan for the development of Chile’s digital agenda (appointed by the government).
- Former vicepresident of the National Council for Domain Names and IP Addresses of Chile.
- Former member of the Board of the Chilean Industrial Property Association (ACHIPI).
- Former member of the National Consulting Council of the Computer Law Studies Center (Centro de Estudios de Derecho Informático, CEDI), School of Law, Universidad de Chile.
- Assistant secretary general of AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property) with responsibility over the Americas (2004 – 2010).
- Intellectual Property Constituency’s representative, Names Council of the Domain Name Supporting Organization (DNSO) of ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) (2000-2002).
- Panelist for the resolution of domain name disputes, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) (2002).
- Chair of the Q-160 ICANN Task Force, AIPPI (2002).
- Arbitrator, Chilean Country Code Name Registrar (NIC Chile) (1998).
- Member of NIC Chile’s advisory board. Part of the group that drafted the local dispute resolution policy (1998).
- Lawyer, Intellectual Property Department, Philip Morris International, New York (1995-1996).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in ICLG - Consumer Protection, Global Legal Group (2020).
- Co-author of The Pharma Legal Handbook: Chile, Pharma Boardroom (2019).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of Data Protection Q&A, Data Privacy Advisor, Thomson Reuters (2018).
- Author of several local and foreign publications in intellectual property.
- Frequent lecturer in Intellectual Property and Internet legal seminars, meetings and conferences both in Chile and abroad.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.