Skip to content
- Enel on the reorganization of its companies held in Chile, including the merger of Enel Green Power Latin America, Chilean subsidiary of renewable energy, into Enel Chile, Chilean subsidiary holding conventional energy assets, together with a tender offer of the latter over Enel Generación Chile.
- Endesa Chile on the sale of its 20% stake in GNL Quintero to Enagás Chile, for USD197 million.
- WOM on all the corporate, regulatory and antitrust aspects related to its mobile telephone and trunking operations in Chile.
- British Telecoms on all the day-to-day and regulatory aspects related to its activities in Chile, including electronic signature queries, applications for telecoms concessions and amendments of the same, analysis of contracts for the provision of several services, advice on legal interception and data retention matters.
- WOM on all the aspects related to its administrative challenge of the technical rule issued by the Undersecretary of Telecommunications (Subtel) in connection with the frequency band requirements to be fulfilled by all handsets to be commercialized in Chile, its certification process and publicity requirements.
- Motorola Mobility on the process of certification of several handset models to be operated and commercialized in Chile.
- Renxo on the regulatory aspects related to the operation of its mobile online gaming and complementary services in Chile.
- Nextel Chile on all corporate, commercial, financial and regulatory aspects of its 3G telecom project in Chile.
- Nextel Chile on all the aspects related to the telecom antennas law (Ley que Regula la Instalación de Antenas Emisoras y Transmisoras de Servicios de Telecomunicaciones).
- Motorola Solutions Chile in connection with the Chilean government’s project to create a national emergency communications network capable of operating in catastrophic or emergency conditions. This project has been considered of high priority for the Chilean national interest due to the consequences of the 2010 earthquake and the subsequent tsunamis.
- Enersis, main business unit in Latin America of Spanish company Endesa, the largest electric power company in the world, on a USD6 billion capital increase, the largest ever in Chile.
- Aegis Media on the acquisition of a majority stake in Triángulo Publicitario.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized as Lawyer of the Year in Communications Law, Best Lawyers (2019).
- Recognized in TMT (Telecoms. Media, Technology), Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Telecoms and Media, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized as Best Individual Lawyer in Telecommunications in Chile, Client Choice (2017).
- Recognized in Telecoms, Media and Technology, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Data: Telecoms & Media/Information Technology, Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized in Thought Leaders Global Elite: Data; and in Information Technology and Telecoms & Media, Who's Who Legal.
- Recognized in Telecommunications Law; Corporate and M&A, Investment, Media and Technology Law, Best Lawyers.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Co-chair and Latin America Forum Liason Officer, Communications Law Committee, International Bar Association.
- Member of the Legal Committee of the Chilean British Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the Board of the Chilean Direct Selling Association (1994-2020).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association (since 1988) and member of its Ethics Committee (2009).
- Member of the Cambridge Society of Chile (since 1993) and director of the same (2009-2016).
- Visiting professor of the Master of Informatics and Telecommunications Law, Universidad de Chile (2005, 2007 and 2009).
- Assistant professor of Administrative Law, Universidad de Chile (1985).
- Author of the Chilean Chapter of Getting The Deal Through - Telecoms and Media (2000-2019).
- Co-author of the article "The Potential Impact of Blockchain and Smart Contracts in the Chilean Telecommunications Market", Communications Law Newsletter, International Bar Association (2018).
- Co-author of the article "Analysis of the New Chilean Telecoms Regulation on Multiband Homologation and Certification of Mobile Devices", Communications Law Newsletter, International Bar Association (2017).
- Co-author of the article "International Roaming: Should it be regulated by NRAs and its cost reduced?, Communications Law Newsletter, International Bar Association (2016).
- Author of the article "New Communications Antenna Law in Chile", Communications Law Newsletter, International Bar Association (2013).
- Co-author of the article "The New Telecoms Antenna Law", Chilean Legal Report, Chilean-British Chamber of Commerce (2012).
- Co-author of the article "Amendments to Telecommunications Law in Chile", Chilean Legal Report, Chilean-British Chamber of Commerce (2011).
- Active participant in the IBA Telecom conferences.
- Law, Universidad de Chile.
- LL.M., University of Cambridge (British Council Scholarship) (1993).