Skip to content
- Equinix, a US multinational company and the world's largest data center and colocation infrastructure provider, on the acquisition of ENTEL’s data center business in Chile and Peru for UF18,580,000 (Unidades de Fomento, approx. USD703 million).
- Capstone Mining Corp., a Canadian based company, on a USD3.3 billion joint venture with Mantos Copper. Upon completion, Capstone’s shareholders will own a 60.75% stake in the new mining company, which will operate as Capstone Copper. Mantos’ shareholders will hold the remaining minority interest. Closing is subject to regulatory and court approvals and is expected to happen in the first quarter of 2022. After closing, Capstone Copper will operate the Chilean mining projects Mantoverde, Mantos Copper and Santo Domingo.
- Fondo de Infraestructura (Desarrollo País), a Chilean State corporation, on a strategic alliance with H2 Cable, a Singapore based company, for the development of a 15,000 km. submarine cable system named Humboldt.
- State Grid International Development (SGID) on the acquisition of the 100% interest of Sempra Energy in Chilquinta Energía and its energy transmission and distribution subsidiaries, Tecnored, an electric construction and infrastructure services company; and a 50% interest of Chilquinta in Eletrans power transmission companies for USD2.5 billion. The advice involved the due diligence, bid preparation, negotiation of the respective purchase agreement and the merger control filing before the Chilean antitrust authority. Additionally, Chilquinta acquired the remaining 50% interest in Eletrans from Sociedad Austral de Electricidad (SAESA), giving SGID the control of Tecnored and Chilquinta, with its assets and subsidiaries, including the Eletrans companies..
- Banco de Crédito e Inversiones (Bci) on the acquisition process through its subsidiaries City National Bank of Florida (CNB) and Bci Financial Group of the Miami based corporations Executive Banking Corporation and Executive National Bank.
- Masisa on a strategic reorganization of different companies belonging to the same company group under rules of related party transactions applicable to open corporations, including among other actions, a capital increase for more than USD580 million on Inversiones Internacionales Terranova, subsidiary of the group in Venezuela.
- Mesoamerica, a leading M&A advisory and private equity firm in Latin America focused on Central America and the Andean Region, on the due diligence process and acquisition of a majority stake of Unifood, a leading group in the Chilean fast-food industry. Unifood owns and operates the brands Pedro Juan & Diego, Pollo Stop, Fuente Nicanor and XS Market, with more than 120 stores in Chile.
- Industrial Commercial Bank of China, China Development Bank, Bank of China and Export-Import Bank of China on a USD7 billion loan granted to a Chinese consortium led by MMG for the acquisition from Glencore and further development of the Peruvian copper mine Las Bambas.
- Danone, a French multinational food company, on the sale of 100% shares of the local dairy products subsidiary Danone Chile to Watt’s, a Chilean listed company.
- Pacific Hydro on the project financing, development and construction of its hydropower projects Hidroeléctrica La Higuera, La Confluencia and Chacayes in Chile for approx. USD800 million and a total installed capacity of 420MW.
- Alicorp on the acquisition of Salmofood (currently Vitapro Chile), a Chilean company dedicated to the production and commercialization of fish food, and its subsidiary Cetecsal for USD62 million.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Corporate M&A, Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Restructuring, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Corporate M&A, IFLR1000.
- Recognized in Finance, Leading Layers.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the Board of the Expert Female Lawyers Commission, Colegio de Abogados de Chile (Chilean Bar Association).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter about International M&A and Joint Ventures, The Year in Review, American Bar Association (ABA) (2020).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in ICLG - Derivatives, Global Legal Group (2020).
- Law, Universidad de Chile.
- Mergers and Acquisitions Program, UC Berkeley Extension, California (2013).
- Degree in Tax Analysis and Planning, Universidad Católica de Chile (2016).