Skip to content
- UnitedHealth Group on designing and conducting a compliance and anti-corruption due diligence related to the acquisition of Banmédica, including the review and analysis of the target's compliance program, its policies and controls related to anti-corruption, money laundering, terrorism financing, as well as the revirew and assessment of ongoing investigations and other enforcement actions involving its controllers.
- The local subsidiary of one of the largest IT corporations worldwide on a risk assessment of its operations, in order to adjust its global compliance program, mitigating its exposure to bribery, money laundering and terrorist financing.
- The Chilean branch of a multinational pharmaceutical corporation on an on-site review of its local compliance program, including all applicable global anti-corruption policies and controls, existing local measures, as well as development of anti-corruption templates, tools, trainings and other materials.
- Several real estate companies on challenging administrative investigations and subsequent enforcement actions by the Chilean Intelligence Unit (UAF) under the Chilean Anti-Money Laundering Act and UAF's general instructions.
- A leading international financial service institution on recommendations of specific risk mitigation measures in connection with anti-money laundering and terrorism financing laws and regulations to a client's business division in Chile.
- Banco Santander Chile on the negotiation of the renewal of a 7-year commercial partnership agreement with LATAM related to the loyalty program "Santander LATAM Pass" that enables more than one million bank customers to accumulate miles, among other benefits. Santander LATAM Pass is the fourth largest loyalty program in the world.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Compliance, The Legal 500.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) (since 2019).
- Visiting Professor, Commercial Law and Corporate Compliance, Universidad Diego Portales (2018).
- Trainer in Business-to-Business Anti-corruption Training Program, Alliance for Integrity and Chilean-German Chamber of Commerce (since 2016).
- Member of "Compliance Circle", Chilean-German Chamber of Commerce (since 2016).
- Teaching Assistant of Criminal Law, Universidad de Chile (2013-2017).
- Teaching Assistant of Institutional History of Chile, Universidad de Chile (2007-2010).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Co-author of the article "Current Challenges for Criminal Compliance and Anti-Bribery Management Systems in the Public and Private Sphere. Diario La Ley (Spain) - Wolters Kluwer (2020).
- Author of the chapter “Identification, Analysis, Evaluation and Control of Corruption Risks in the Company” of the book “Criminal Compliance: Corruption Prevention Systems”, DER Ediciones (2019).
- Author of "Comment on the Sentence of the Court of Appeals of Santiago of December 7, 2017 (Case Nr. 2348-2015)" on the crime of kidnapping, Revista Doctrina y Jurisprudencia Penal, Universidad de los Andes, Thomson Reuters (2019).
- Author of the book "Crime of Money Laundering and Positive Duties", DER Ediciones (2019).
- Co-author of the book "Crime Prevention Policies in the Company", Abeledo Perrot – Legal Publishing (2014).
- Co-author of the book "Criminal Consequences against Legal Persons in Colombia, and Policies to Prevent Crime in Companies. A Look at the Chilean Model", Nueva Jurídica (2014).
- Speaker in panel "Criminal liability of legal entities and COVID-19: New challenges for the private world", Chilean American Chamber of Commerce (2020).
- Speaker, “More citizen participation: How civil society and the private sector can contribute to the prevention of corruption”, III International Seminar on Anti-Corruption: citizenship and media, their role in the fight against corruption, Comptroller General of the Republic, Alliance for Integrity and Chilean-German Chamber of Commerce (2019).
- Speaker, Webinar for Latin America “Prevention of Conflicts of Interest in Compliance Programs”, Alliance for Integrity and Chilean-German Chamber of Commerce (2019).
- Speaker, Webinar for Latin America "Key Functions of the Compliance Officer in the Anticorruption Compliance Programs", Alliance for Integrity and Chilean-German Chamber of Commerce (2018).
- Speaker, "Ethics and Transparency Training: How to Implement an Integrity Program", Comptroller General of the Republic within the framework of the Anti-corruption Alliance of the United Nations Convention against Corruption (UNCAC) (2018).
- Speaker, Seminar "Certifications of Compliance Programs under Local Standards", Chilean-German Chamber of Commerce (Camchal) (2017).
- Speaker, II Student Congress in Criminal Law, Universidad de Chile (2013).
- Law, Universidad de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- Degree in Corporate Governance and Criminal compliance, Universidad de Talca (2017).
- Master in Economic Criminal Law, Universidad de Chile (2018).
- Disloyal Management, Commercial Bribery and Amendments in Public Corruption Course, Universidad de Chile (2019).