Sernapesca adopts new measures to contain the impact of COVID-19 in the salmon industry
The National Fisheries and Aquaculture Service (“Sernapesca”) has issued a series of resolutions – N° 672/2020, N° 725/2020 and N° 805/2020 – that incorporate new measures to those indicated in Resolution N° 565 dated March 16, 2020 [INSERTAR LINK] which authorized the adoption of certain measures in salmon farming centers in the context of COVID-19. (see here)
- General Measures.
- Extend the term of validity of ornamental fish quarantine stations that need to be renewed during the first semester of 2020, until September 1, 2020.
- New measures for surveillance of wellboats from the FAN area to the Undeclared or Fan-free area: (i) Sampling at landfall by a certifier of A. catenella; (ii) Sampling by the crew.
- Measures related to disease surveillance and control programs.
- Authorizes the adoption of: (i) exceptions to the rotation of pharmacological products used in the control of Caligidosis; (ii) temporary collection of fish in aquaculture concessions; and (iii) movements of fish between centers.
- Authorize that the screening of breeder, sampling and elimination of the specimens be carried out by the farming centers staff.
- Extend the validity of reproductive sampling and analysis obtained by non-destructive methods, from 10 to 30 days.
- Exclude from screening of ISAv to the breeders of the species Oncorhynchus mykiss or rainbow trout.
- Extends until July 31, 2020 the term for silage sampling, established in Res. 1468/2012 of Sernapesca.
- Exclude from screening of ISAv the compartments free of high-risk diseases.
- Establishes conditions for the sampling of prohibited substances, which may be carried out by farming centers staff.
If you have any questions regarding the matters discussed in this news alert, please contact the following attorneys or call your regular Carey contact.
+56 2 2928 2210
This news alert is provided by Carey y Cía. Ltda. for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended and should not be construed as legal advice.
Carey y Cía. Ltda.
Isidora Goyenechea 2800, 43rd Floor
Las Condes, Santiago, Chile.