Skip to content
- BlackRock, the world largest asset manager, on the bidding and awarding process of the concession for the renovation, expansion and operation of the airports located in the cities of Balmaceda and Punta Arenas, which contemplates a total investment of USD162 million.
- Altor and Bain Capital, two private equity firms, and their Chilean salmon farming company Nova Austral, on the refinancing of Nova Austral’s USD300 million secured bonds, and a USD50 million senior secured credit facility with DNB Bank. The negotiation included, among other arrangements, extending the final maturity of the bonds, as well as obtaining an increase in the credit facilities with DNB, all requiring amendments and execution of a number of security and other financial documents.
- Qatar Airways, and its affiliates, on the negotiation and execution of a debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing to LATAM Airlines during the reorganization process of the latter, under the Chapter 11 rules in the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, for up to USD2.45 billion.
- VTR on the issuance and placement of senior secured notes under Rule 144A / Reg. S for USD600 million by VTR Comunicaciones and the issuance and placement of senior unsecured notes under the same rules for USD550 million by its holding company VTR Finance N.V.
- Nova Austral on a 50/50 joint venture with Trusal with the purpose to conduct fish farming activities in the Magallanes Region and to manufacture and commercialize salmon products.
- CVC Capital Partners on the local aspects of the acquisition of a 20% stake in Gas Natural Fenosa, owned by Repsol, a Spanish oil and gas company for USD4.7 billion (globally).
- MetLife Chile Seguros de Vida on the acquisition of the company El Bosque 90 owned by a fund managed by Capital Advisors for approx. USD90 million. The underlying asset is the corporate building located at Apoquindo 2929, which has more than 28 thousand m².
- Kenon Holdings, IC Power's subsidiary, on the local aspects of the sale of its operations in Bolivia, Chile, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama and Peru to I Squared Capital, for USD1.2 billion.
- Qatar Airways on the acquisition of a 10% stake of LATAM Airlines through the subscription of a USD608 million capital increase.
- Amcor Flexibles, a global leader in responsible packaging solutions, on the acquisition of Alusa, the largest flexible packaging business in South America with manufacturing operations in Chile, Colombia, Peru and Argentina, for USD435 million.
- Team Foods, a Colombian business group, on the acquisition of BredenMaster, Chile's frozen pre-baked bakery products and pastries market leader, as well as BredenMaster Perú and Distribuidora de Productos Alimenticios Los Guindos.
- Ferrero Group, Italian agribusiness conglomerate, a global leader in the production of branded chocolate and confectionery products, on the acquisition of Hazelnut farmland in Chile.
- Hapag Lloyd on the merger and combination of Compañía Sud Americana de Vapores' container shipping business into H-L, which thus became the fourth largest shipping company in the world, with approx. USD12 billion in combined annual sales.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Named Lawyer of the Year in Private Equity, Best Lawyers (2021).
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, Private Equity and Insurance and Reinsurance, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, IFLR1000.
- Recognized in M&A, Who's Who Legal.
- Recognized as Thought Leader in Corporate and M&A, LACCA.
- Recognized in Capital Markets, Corporate and M&A, Investment, Corporate Governance and Compliance, Insurance, Investment and Private Equity, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Corporate M&A, Top Ranked Legal.
- Lawyer of the Year Award in Insurance, Best Lawyers (2014).
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Director of World Services Group (2015-2018).
- Officer of the Corporate and M&A Committee; past chair of the Latin America Regional Forum; and member of the International Bar Association (IBA).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Foreign associate, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, New York (1998).
- Author of the Chilean chapter in Fiduciary duties in Latin America: Best practices for Board of Directors in times of coronavirus, Clifford Chance (2020).
- Co-author of the IBA Report on the Future of Work, IBA (2019).
- Author of numerous legal publications, including the Chilean chapter of Getting the Deal Through – Mergers & Acquisitions (2009-2013).
- Frequent lecturer in legal seminars, meetings and conferences both in Chile and abroad.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- LL.M., Duke University (1994).