Skip to content
- Hapag-Lloyd, a German listed company and global leader in container shipping, on the acquisition, for approx. USD1 billion, of the port terminals and inland logistics business of SAAM, a Chilean listed multinational company that provides foreign trade services. Upon closing, Hapag-Lloyd will acquire the entire operation of the port terminals business of SAAM, which includes ten terminals in six countries in the Americas, and of the inland logistics business of SAAM.
- Qatar Airways, as shareholder and lender, on the LATAM Airlines reorganization process under Chapter 11 rules in the Bankruptcy Court of New York, including the negotiation and execution of two debtor-in-possession (DIP) financings. The process ended with a successful emergence of LATAM Airlines from the proceeding after securities issuances and debt contracting for a total of USD13.2 billion, resulting with Qatar Airways remaining as a relevant shareholder.
- BlackRock, the world's largest asset manager, on the acquisition of a portfolio of 46 photovoltaic projects (PMGD) that is expected to total a capacity of up to 435MW through an investment for up to USD200 million, becoming one of the largest portfolios of distributed energy in the country.
- Liberty Latin America (LLA) on the merger with América Móvil (AMX) in order to combine their respective Chilean operations, VTR and Claro Chile, through a 50:50 joint venture agreement. VTR is a leading provider of high-speed fixed products, such as broadband and paid TV services, with approx. three million subscribers nationwide, and Claro is a leading telecommunications service provider, with more than 6.5 million mobile customers. This JV creates a greater scale business and product diversification with a capital structure that enables a significant investment for fixed fiber footprint expansion and a forefront 5G mobile delivery.
- Patria Investments, a global alternative asset manager, along with Moneda Asset Management, a leading asset manager based in Chile, on the creation of an investment platform in Latin America, enhancing Patria's product offering by creating the number one Private investments in Public Equities (PIPE) manager in the region. The deal included a sale of shares and an international merger.
- Werthein Group on the local aspects of the agreement for the acquisition of Vrio. Vrio is AT&T's entertainment business unit that operates the brands DirectTV Go, DirectTV Latin America and Sky Brazil, which altogether represent 10.3 million subscribers in 11 countries.
- Nova Austral on a 50/50 joint venture with Trusal with the purpose to conduct fish farming activities in the Magallanes Region, including the manufacture and commercialization of salmon products.
- MetLife Chile Seguros de Vida on the acquisition of the company El Bosque 90 owned by a fund managed by Capital Advisors for approx. USD90 million. The underlying asset is the corporate building located at Apoquindo 2929, which has more than 28,000 mt².
- Kenon Holdings, an IC Power's subsidiary, on the local aspects of the sale of its operations in Bolivia, Chile, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama and Peru to I Squared Capital, for USD1.2 billion.
- Qatar Airways on the acquisition of a 10% stake of LATAM Airlines through the subscription of a USD608 million capital increase.
- Amcor Flexibles, a global leader in responsible packaging solutions, on the acquisition of Alusa, the largest flexible packaging business in South America with manufacturing operations in Chile, Colombia, Peru and Argentina, for USD435 million.
- Team Foods, a Colombian business group, on the acquisition of BredenMaster, Chile's frozen pre-baked bakery products and pastries market leader, as well as BredenMaster Perú and Distribuidora de Productos Alimenticios Los Guindos.
- Ferrero Group, an Italian agribusiness conglomerate, and leader in the production of branded chocolate and confectionery products, on the acquisition of hazelnut farmland in Chile.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Named Lawyer of the Year in Investment (2023), Corporate and M&A (2022), Private Equity (2021) and Insurance (2014), Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, Private Equity and Insurance and Reinsurance, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, IFLR1000.
- Recognized in M&A, Who's Who Legal.
- Recognized as Thought Leader in Corporate and M&A, LACCA.
- Recognized in Capital Markets, Corporate and M&A, Investment, Corporate Governance and Compliance, Insurance, Investment and Private Equity, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Mergers & Acquisitions, Leaders League.
- Recognized in Corporate M&A, Top Ranked Legal.
- Lawyer of the Year Award in Insurance, Best Lawyers (2014).
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Director of World Services Group (2015-2018).
- Officer of the Corporate and M&A Committee; past chair of the Latin America Regional Forum; and member of the International Bar Association (IBA).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Foreign associate, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, New York (1998).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of the Foreign Direct Investment Guide, IBA (2022).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of the Negotiated M&A Guide, IBA (2022).
- Co-author of "The International Bar Association Company Director Checklist - Chile" (2022).
- Author of the Chilean chapter in Fiduciary duties in Latin America: Best practices for Board of Directors in times of coronavirus, Clifford Chance (2020).
- Co-author of the IBA Report on the Future of Work, IBA (2019).
- Author of numerous legal publications, including the Chilean chapter of Getting the Deal Through – Mergers & Acquisitions (2009-2013).
- Frequent lecturer in legal seminars, meetings and conferences both in Chile and abroad.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- LL.M., Duke University (1994).