Gabriela OlivaresPatent Specialist
+56 2 2928 2766
Patent Specialist of Carey’s Intellectual Property and Information Technologies Group. Her practice is focused on Industrial Property matters related to local and foreign prosecution of biotechnology patents applications, as well as in prior art searches, preparation of patentability opinions, development of patent protection strategies, performing freedom-to-operate (FTO) searches and drafting of patent applications. She also counsels our patent legal team on legal proceedings before the courts, as well as attends public hearings of our cases before the Intellectual Property Court along with our legal team.
- Leading pharmaceutical and animal health international companies, such as Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Macrogenics, Hoffmann – La Roche, Boehringer Ingelheim human & Animal health, Allergan, Bristol Myers & Squibb, Pfizer, Zoetis, Previwo, Epizyme, AMICUS Therapeutics, SANOFI AVENTIS, Genzyme, Aleta Biotherapeutics, Benchmark Animal Health, Prometic Biotherapeutics, Prothena Bioscences, Zealand Pharma A/S, among others. on the prosecution of their intellectual property assets.
- Leading agricultural and crop science international companies, such as BASF Agro & Plants Science, Sweetree Technologies, Erber AG, CIBUS, among others, on the prosecution of their intellectual property assets,
- Leading food international companies on the prosecution of their intellectual property assets, such as Nestlé, among others.
- National clients on the preparation and prosecution of their intellectual property assets, such as Universities, Research Centres and local companies.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Teaching Assistant of Molecular Biology, Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences Faculty, Universidad de Chile (2014).
- Teaching Assistant of Genetic Engineering, Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences Faculty, Universidad de Chile (2013-2015).
- Biochemist, Universidad de Chile (Summa Cum Laude) (2016).
- Degree in Process Improvement and Organizational Development Management, Universidad de Chile (Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences Faculty Scholarship, Universidad de Chile) (2014).
- General Course in Intellectual Property (DL-101), World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) (2014).
- Patent Information Search Course (DL-318), World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) (2015).
- Master in Biochemistry, Universidad de Chile (Nacional Master Scholarship, CONICYT), (2016).
- Summer School on Intellectual Property-Chile, WIPO -INAPI (2018).
- Intellectual Property Management (DL-450), World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) (2018)
- Introduction to the UPOV System for Plant Variety Protection Course (DL-205), International Union for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants (UPOV) (2019).
- Patents Course (DL-301 ), World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) (2020)..