Skip to content
- Host Hotels & Resorts on the sale of 100% of Chilean subsidiaries Inversiones y Hotelera Host San Cristóbal and Hotelera Host San Cristóbal, respectively owner and lessee of the Sheraton Santiago hotel and the San Cristóbal Tower hotel, both managed by Starwood, to Fondo de Inversión Inversiones Hoteleras, through its subsidiaries Mirador del Cerro and Inversiones Hoteleras Holding.
- Liberty Mutual International, part of Liberty Mutual Insurance Group, on the acquisition of 99.56% of Compañía de Seguros Generales Penta-Security, the fourth largest non-life insurance company in Chile.
- Air Products and Chemicals, a U.S. publicly traded company in the atmospheric and specialty gases industry, on the acquisition of 66% of Indura, the largest independent industrial gas company in Latin America, for USD884 million.
- Sugalidal, a Portuguese company, on the acquisition of TresMontes Luchetti Agroindustrial for an undisclosed amount. Due to this transaction, Sugalidal became the third largest tomato paste producer in the world.
- A major U.S. multinational, which is one of the world’s leading defense contractors, in connection with the tender process for the sale of sensitive military equipment to the Chilean Government.
- A U.S. specialty vehicle manufacturer and its subsidiary on various successful international tender processes launched by the Chilean Firefighters’ Board, on international supply agreements with multiple Fire Departments, and on a number of dispute resolution cases regarding procurement processes.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, Anti-corruption, Investigations and Compliance, Insurance and Reinsurance and Trade, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Government Contracts, Hospitality and Investigations, Who's Who Legal.
- Recognized as Thought Leader in Anti-Corruption, Investigations and Compliance, LACCA.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A and Hospitality and Tourism, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Corporate M&A, Top Ranked Legal.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the District of Columbia Bar.
- Vice chair of the International Law Section, American Bar Association (ABA) (2020-21); revenue officer, Executive Committee, Administration Committee and Council member (2017-2018); membership officer, Executive Committee, Administration Committee and Council member (2015-2016); division chair at Finance Division, council member (2012-2015); senior advisor, chair, vice chair, Latin American & Caribbean Committee (2004-2014).
- Training to Latin American subsidiaries of U.S. companies on FCPA and other compliance matters.
- Professor of the LL.M. in U.S. Business Law, Universidad de Chile and American University’s joint program (2006-2009).
- Active participant in the Phillip C. Jessup International Law Competition, as final-round judge in charge of selecting the Chilean Team (since 2007).
- Senior associate, Hogan & Hartson (currently Hogan Lovells), Washington D.C. (2001-2004).
- International associate, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, New York (1999-2000).
- In-house counsel, Western Mining Corporation, Havanna, Cuba (1995-1996).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of the "Latin American Investigations Guide", Hogan Lovells (2019).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of "Foreign Investment in South America: A Comprehensive Guide to Infrastructure and the Legal Environment", American Bar Association (2018).
- Co-author of "International Joint Ventures: A Guide for U.S. Lawyers", American Bar Association (2013).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of Anti-Corruption Regulation, Getting the Deal Through (2011-2013).
- Author of "Doing Business in South America", International Practitioner’s Deskbook Series, ABA Section of International Law (2011).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in "Joint Ventures in the International Arena", amongst others, 2nd Edition, International Practitioner’s Deskbook Series, ABA Section of International Law (2010).
- Author and editor of several articles published in the book The International Lawyer, including papers on corporate issues, energy, natural resources, gaming law, labor law and other regulatory matters, ABA Section of International Law (since 2005).
- Co-author of "International Arbitration: Practical Considerations with a Latin American Focus", The Journal of Structured and Project Finance (2003).
- Frequent speaker at international seminars on legal matters relevant to his practice, including corporate compliance, anti-corruption, etc.
- Law, Universidad de Chile.
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center (graduated with honors) (2001).
- Chile (1998).
- District of Columbia (2001).