+56 2 2928 2232
His practice focuses on representing Chilean and foreign clients on the acquisition and sale of public and private companies, mergers, private equity and venture capital transactions, capital markets and corporate and commercial matters in general.
He previously worked as a member of Carey's Energy Group and his practiced focused on the development of renewable energy projects and natural resources transactions.
- IFC and Calverton on the negotiation of an amendment to the existing Put Option Agreement among them and the controlling shareholders of Consorcio Financiero and the sale of 50% of IFC's and Calverton's shareholdings in Consorcio Financiero.
- Celeo Redes and APG Energy & Infra Investments on the acquisition of 100% of Colbún Transmisión, a Colbún subsidiary and one of the largest transmission companies in Chile for approx. USD1.3 billion; and on the financing of the acquisition through the issuance and placement in the international markets (144A/Reg. S) of a senior bond for approx. USD1.1 billion.
- Celeo Redes and APG Energy & Infra Investments on the acquisition of 100% of Transmisora Eléctrica de Quillota, a joint venture of Colbún and Enel for approx. USD27 million and on the financing of the acquisition through a bridge loan from foreign banks.
- Falabella on the issuance of bonds in the international market for USD650 million under Rule 144A/Reg S, and on a concurrent bonds tender offer for its senior notes due 2023 and 2025 using the proceeds of the debt offering.
- Credicorp Capital, through a USD27 million investment fund, on a joint venture with Maestra to develop residential real estate projects in Santiago.
- Falabella on the sale of Viajes Falabella to Despegar.com in Chile, Colombia, Perú and Argentina for USD27 million, including a long-term commercial alliance, the promotion and incentive of the financial products and loyalty program.
- Teck Resources and its subsidiary Teck Resources Chile on a joint venture with Sumitomo for the acquisition of 30% of Compañía Minera Quebrada Blanca for USD1.2 billion, for the development and construction of Quebrada Blanca Phase II project.
- IFC, FMO, DEG and Proparco on the financing of a 50MW wind farm in the Dominican Republic (Norton Rose Fulbright).
- IFC, BCIE, Banco General, BAC and Banco Nacional de Panamá on the financing of the expansion of a 350MW (in total) LNG project in Panama (Norton Rose Fulbright).
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Best Pro Bono Coordinator Award, Fundación Pro Bono (2014).
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Professor of the Commercial Law Department, Universidad Católica de Chile (since 2021).
- Foreign Associate, Project Finance Practice, Norton Rose Fulbright (formerly Chadbourne & Parke), Washington D.C. (2017-2018).
- Carey’s Pro Bono Work Coordinator (2014-2016).
- Teaching Assistant of Commercial Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2010-2016).
- Law Clerk of the Natural Resources, Energy and Environment Group, Carey (2009-2011).
- Teaching Assistant of Economic Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2008-2016).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Co-author of "Energy Storage in Latin America and the Caribbean", Project Finance News Wire, Norton Rose Fulbright (2018).
- Co-author of "Alternative Solutions to Reduce the Banking Spread. Economic Analysis", Law and Humanities Magazine (2010).
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- LL.M., Columbia University (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar), New York (2017).
- Chile (2013).