Skip to content
- Salmones Camanchaca, a subsidiary of Compañía Pesquera Camanchaca, a Chilean publicly held corporation dedicated to the breeding, production, commercialization and export of salmon and trout, on a due diligence for its simultaneous IPOs in the stock exchanges of Oslo and Santiago.
- Qatar Airways entered into a subscription agreement with LATAM Airlines to subscribe and acquire up to 10% of its total shares for a capital increase of USD613 million.
- VTR on a financing with several domestic and foreign banks and financial institutions for USD484 million, consisting of a revolving credit line for up to USD185 million; a local long term loan for approx. USD275 million (CLP174 billion) and another revolving credit line for approx. USD24 million (CLP15 billion).
- Team Foods, a Colombian business group, on the acquisition of BredenMaster, Chile´s frozen pre-baked bakery products and pastries market leader, as well as BredenMaster Perú and Distribuidora de Productos Alimenticios Los Guindos.
- Altor and Bain Capital on the sale of EWOS to Cargill for USD1.35 billion.
- EWOS, a Norwegian fish food supplier for the aquaculture industry, on the acquisition of the Chilean fish farming company Nova Austral and its subsidiary Comercial Austral for USD183 million. The acquisition of Nova Austral was done under the bankruptcy of its controlling shareholder Acuinova.
- Piscicultura Tierra del Fuego, subsidiary of Nova Austral, on a Term Loan Facility Agreement for USD26.5 million granted by DNB Bank ASA and supported as guarantor by EKF, Denmark’s Export Credit Agency.
- Porsche Bank and Volkswagen Financial Services, members of the Volkswagen Group, on the implementation in Chile of a joint venture and strategic alliances with local companies in the vehicle financing business.
- Porsche Holding, a member of the Volkswagen Group, on the acquisition of the wholesale business for Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda and MAN vehicles in Chile.
- Transelec, a Chilean company controlled by global assets manager Brookfield, on the acquisition of Inversiones Eléctricas Transam Chile, a transmission lines' company, from Abengoa and GE.
- Camil Alimentos, a Brazilean company, and one of the leading food corporations in Latin America, on the acquisition of Empresas Tucapel, Chile’s largest rice producer.
- Grupo Casa Saba, one of the leading wholesale pharmaceutical products distributors in Mexico, on its acquisition of Chilean pharmaceutical chain Farmacias Ahumada for approx. USD500 million.
- VTR, one of Chile’s main telecommunications group and subsidiary of LibertyGlobal, on the execution of a syndicated project financing arrangements for approx. USD130 million, to build, develop and operate a mobile telephone project in Chile, granted by Banco de Crédito e Inversiones and Banco Security.
- MetLife on the second stage of the bancassurance joint venture with BancoEstado, which included the payment of approx. USD58 million.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized as Best Individual Lawyer in General Corporate Law in Chile, Client Choice (2010).
- Recognized in Banking and Finance, Corporate and M&A and Investment, Best Lawyers.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Foreign associate, Debevoise & Plimpton, New York (2005-2006).
- Professor of Civil Law, Universidad de Los Andes (until 2008).
- Professor of Introduction to Law, School of Business and Economics, Universidad del Desarrollo (2001).
- Assistant professor of Civil Law, Universidad de Valparaíso (1996-1998).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Author and co-editor of the article "The International Contract: Problems Related to its Negotiation and Conclusion" included in the Law of Contracts. Studies about current issues, Universidad de Los Andes (2002) and in Studies about International Contracts. Uniform Regime and Private International Law, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, Colombia (2004).
- Author of the article "Extinction and Liquidation of Individual Limited Liability Enterprises. Succession Issues" published in Individual Limited Liability Enterprises. New legal regime of business organization, Universidad de Los Andes (2004).
- Frequent lecturer in seminars and conferences in Chile and abroad.
- Law, Universidad de Valparaíso.
- LL.M., University of Southampton (2000).
- Recognized as Best Bachelor and Best Student in Civil and Commercial Law and in Procedural Law, Universidad de Valparaíso (1996).