Skip to content
- Falabella on a capital increase and secondary shares offering for a total of USD800 million, of which USD380 million were newly issued shares and USD160 million were secondary shares. The shares were placed through a public auction on the Santiago Stock Exchange, also involving an international private placement (144A/Reg. S).
- Tilray, a Canadian company with a stock market capitalization of more than USD14 billion, dedicated to the production of pharmaceutical products containing medicinal cannabis, on the acquisition of Alef Biotechnology.
- UnitedHealth Group on the acquisition of Banmédica, a Chilean health insurance, healthcare and medical rescue conglomerate, with presence in Chile, Colombia and Peru, for USD2.8 billion in january 2018, becoming the largest health industry M&A in Chile until that date and chosen as Deal of the Year by Latin Lawyer. Subsequently, during 2018 and by means of succesive operations in the Santiago Stock Market for USD56 million, UnitedHealth Group increased its participation in Banmédica.
- Several venture capital investment funds on their incorporation, capital raising and investments in Chilean and foreign start-ups.
- Andes Biotechnologies on its financing rounds and on the process of internationalization of the company.
- Alberta Investment Management Corporation, a Canadian investment fund, on the sale of its 50% stake in Autopista Central to Abertis Infraestructuras for USD1 billion.
- International Finance Corporation (IFC) on an investment of USD140 million in Consorcio Financiero, a Chilean holding, to support its growth and regional expansion.
- Antofagasta Railway Company and Inversiones Punta de Rieles, subsidiaries of Antofagasta PLC, on the sale of 100% of the shares of Aguas de Antofagasta, a company dedicated to the production of drinking water and treatment and disposal of sewage in northern Chile, to Empresas Públicas de Medellín, a Colombian business group, for USD965 million.
- Teck on a joint venture with Goldcorp for USD3.5 billion, which combines its Chilean assets, Relincho and El Morro, in the Corridor Project.
- Graña y Montero on the purchase of 44% of Adexus, a technology company with offices in Chile, Peru and Ecuador.
- Christus Health on the acquisition of 50% of San Carlos de Apoquindo Clinic from Colmena, a health insurance company belonging to the Bethia Group.
- Goldman Sachs on the registration of a local bond in Chilean Pesos (Huaso Bond) for USD1 billion.
- The controlling group of Falabella on the preparation of their new shareholders´agreement that regulates the corporate governance of the company.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Corporate/M&A and Capital Markets, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A and Venture Capital, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, Capital Markets and Private Equity, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Capital Markets, Private Equity, Corporate and M&A, IFLR1000.
- Recognized in Capital Markets, Corporate and M&A, Investment, Private Equity and Venture Capital, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Corporate, M&A, Capital Markets and Venture Capital, Top Ranked Legal.
- Recognized as Best Individual Lawyer in Private Funds in Chile, Client Choice (2020).
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Advisor, Chilean Federation of Industry (SOFOFA) (since 2021).
- President, Chilean Venture Capital Association (ACVC).
- Latin America Group Leader for the Private Equity Group, World Services Group.
- Associate of the International Arbitration Practice Group, White & Case, New York (2010-2011).
- Member of the Private Equity Expert Panel accredited by the English publication "The Law Reviews".
- Member of the Board of Fundación Independízate.
- Member of the Board of Aceleradora de Negocios Link, Mujeres Empresarias.
- Professor of Commercial Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2008).
- Member of the New York State Bar Association.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Advisor, Steward-Ownership, a Short Guidebook to Legal Frameworks, Purpose Foundation (2021).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in "ESG and Impact Investing", Lexology Getting the Deal Through (2021).
- Author of the Chilean chapter in TTR Transactional Impact Report - Andean Region, Transactional Track Record (2020).
- Co-author of the article "Regulatory Overview of Fintechs in Chile" in the book "Fintech: Legal Aspects", Cetys, Universidad de San Andrés, Argentina (2019).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in Private Equity, Getting the Deal Through (2017).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of the book "The Private Equity Law Review", Law Business Research (2012-2016).
- Co-translator to Spanish of the "IBA Guidelines for Drafting International Arbitration Clauses", International Bar Association (2011).
- Author of the book "Inside Information in the Securities Market", LexisNexis (2007), and 2nd edition (2009).
- Speaker in the VI Annual Private Equity Conference, Latin Lawyer, New York (2015).
- Speaker in the II Annual M&A Conference, Latin Lawyer, Brazil (2011).
- Lecturer in the Seminar "Investment opportunities – The case of Chile, Peru and Colombia", Columbia Law School, New York (2011).
- Lecturer in the Seminar "International Practice of Law", New York University (NYU Stern School of Business), New York (2011).
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- LL.M., Columbia University (James Kent Scholar, the highest honors awarded by Columbia Law School) (2010).
- Chile (2006).
- New York (2011).