Skip to content
- General Motors Financial on its defense before a collective action filed by the National Consumer Service (SERNAC).
- Porsche on its defense in a collective action filed by a consumer association in relation to the sale of vehicles in Chile.
- Bayer on its defense in a collective action for collective and diffuse interest, filed by a consumer association, based on an alleged violation of the consumer safety standards established in the Consumer Law.
- WOM on its defense and subsequent settlement with a consumer association that put an end to a collective action brought in relation to certain advertising pieces.
- Silesia and Andrómaco laboratories on their defense in a collective action filed by a consumer association for alleged liability for defective products.
- Blanco y Negro on its defense in a collective action filed by a consumer association in relation to the suspension of televised sporting events.
- A health insurance company on its defense in a collective action filed by a consumer association.
- Deloitte on its defense regarding a claim for alleged civil liability related to the exercise of professional services and on an arbitration claim for contractual liability derived from the termination of a bidding process.
- An international water company on an arbitration for breach of representations and warranties for the acquisition of a water company in Chile.
- MetLife on its successful defense in two arbitrations before CAM Santiago, for civil liability claimed for the termination of an insurance brokerage contract.
- Nokia on its defense in several arbitrations before CAM Santiago initiated by contractors for alleged contractual liability.
- Enel on the successful defense of its project Los Cóndores in relation to several real and constitutional actions that intended to stop the project.
- Melón on a claim for environmental damage filed by several social players in relation to the situation of the Quinteros bay.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Dispute Resolution: Litigation, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Dispute Resolution: Litigation, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Environment, Litigation and Arbitration, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Arbitration and Mediation, Litigation and Product Liability Litigation, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Benchmark Litigation Latin America.
- Recognized in Arbitration and Litigation, Leaders League.
- Recognized in Consumer and Advertising, Leading Lawyers, Idealis.
- Recognized in Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Top Ranked Legal.
- Best Undergraduate Professor Award, Universidad de Chile (2009).
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Visiting Attorney, International Arbitration Office, Herbert Smith Freehills, New York (2013-2014).
- Member of the Training and Continuing Education Committee of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Professor of Civil Law, Universidad de Chile (since 2003).
- Professor of Civil Law in several Chilean universities in undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Professor of the qualification and training program, Academia Judicial de Chile.
- Director of the Diploma Program in Civil Responsibility and Tort Law of the Law School, Universidad de Chile.
- Director of the Diploma Program in Consumer Law of the Law School, Universidad de Chile.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Co-author of the chapter "Chile: Trends and Developments" in the Chambers Global Practice Guide: Litigation, Chambers and Partners (2019).
- Co-author of the article “Some Elements of the Constructor’s Civil Liability. Special Emphasis in Fast Track Contracts.” Revista Chilena de Derecho Privado, Fundación Fernando Fueyo Laneri (2018).
- Author of "Courts and Environmental Actions", Lecture Series, Chilean Bar Association (2017).
- Author of the article "Tort Liability of Finance Leasing Companies", published in Studies of Private Law in recognition to Professor Gonzalo Figueroa Yáñez, Editorial Jurídica de Chile (2008).
- Author of the book "From the Civil Liability to the Damage Law and Civil Prevention of Damages", LexisNexis Chile (2004).
- Author of several legal papers in Chilean and foreign law reviews.
- Law, Universidad de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- Outstanding Internship Award, Judicial Assistance Corporation (2000).
- LL.M., Columbia University (Beca Chile Scholarship) (2013).
- Pedro Nicolás Montenegro Award. Ranked highest in his class.
- Fernando Fueyo Laneri Foundation Award granted to the best thesis of the year (2002).
- Chile (2002).
- New York (pending - Bar exam approved in February 2015).