Skip to content
- State Grid International Development (SGID) on the acquisition of the 100% interest of Sempra Energy in Chilquinta Energía and its energy transmission and distribution subsidiaries, Tecnored, an electric construction and infrastructure services company; and a 50% interest of Chilquinta in Eletrans power transmission companies for USD2.5 billion.
- State Grid International Development (SGID) on three loans to finance the acquisition of Chilquinta, including a credit agreement granted by BBVA, Hong Kong Branch for USD150 million, a credit agreement granted by the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited Branch for up to USD70 million and a credit agreement granted by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation for up to USD100 million.
- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. on the acquisition of Empresa de Servicios Sanitarios de Los Lagos (ESSAL), a Chilean water utility company, for USD172.5 million. The acquisition includes a tender offer for the 100% of ESSAL, in which Aguas Andinas will sell its 53.51% stake. ESSAL has operations in Los Lagos and Los Ríos regions.
- China Construction Bank (Asia), as Facility Agent, and other banks, on a syndicated credit agreement for approx. USD350 million for the refinancing of Pacific Hydro Chile's existing debt under another syndicated credit agreement executed on 2017.
- Yanghe, a subsidiary of the state-owned chinese group Jiangsu Yanghe Distillery, on the acquisition of a 12.5% stake of Viña San Pedro Tarapacá, a Chilean listed company, for approx. USD65 million.
- IFM Investors on the sale of Pacific Hydro, a renewable energy company with assets in Australia, Chile and Brazil, to State Power Investment Corp. of China. This deal was recognized as Cross-Border M&A Deal of the Year (2016) by Latin Finance.
- Westchester, world leader in the administration of agricultural assets, on the acquisition and administration of agricultural land and water rights and on all its legal matters in Chile.
- China Water & Electricity Corporation, a subsidiary of the Chinese state group Three Gorges Corporation, one of the largest energy companies in the world, on the establishment of its agency and other operations in Chile.
- Esval on the review of title reports for the acquisition of water rights and also, general advice and legal opinon on high complex issues on this matter.
- Copihue (Ferrero Rocher) on a due diligence of water rights for a purchase agreement, and on administrative procedures to acquire water rights for the development of its agricultural activity.
- Kinross on permanent legal advice on the design of water rights legal strategy, water rights consolidations and on judicial and administrative procedures for the development of its mining projects Lobo Marte, Mantos de Oro and Maricunga.
- Latin America Power on water rights matters regarding some conflicts during the construction of the transmission lines related to hydro power plant projects Carilafquén and Malalcahuello.
- Origin Energy on the acquisition of 51% of hydroelectric company Energía Austral from Xstrata Chile for USD150 million, project whose total investment was for approx. USD4 billion.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Environment: Water Rights, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Mining & Metals and in Environment, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Project Development and M&A, IFLR1000.
- Recognized in Mining, Who's Who Legal.
- Recognized in Energy, LACCA.
- Recognized in Water Law and Natural Resources, Best Lawyers.
- Named Lawyer of the Year in Water Law, Best Lawyers (2016).
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the Board of the Chinese Chilean Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Tourism.
- Chilean Association of Water Utilities Sector Lawyers.
- Chair of the Environmental Committee, Inter-Pacific Bar Association.
- Founder and current chair of Asociación de Energías Marinas (ADEMAR).
- Professor of LL.M. in Water Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2014).
- Foreign associate, Projects and Corporate Groups, Herbert Smith Freehills, Melbourne and Perth (2005-2006).
- Assistant professor of Civil Law, Universidad del Desarrollo (1999-2002).
- Assistant professor of Civil Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (1998).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Co-author of the book " Chilean Water Law Code", Tirant lo Blanche (2020).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in China Trade and investment in Latin America, The Legal 500 Guide (2020).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in Legal Environment Report of the "Belt and Road" Countries, Volume III, Peking University Press (2018).
- Author of several articles in the field of natural resources law in specialized legal journals and financial publications.
- Lecturer in seminars and conferences in the field of natural resources law.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- LL.M., University of Sydney, Australia (2005).