Skip to content
- Minera Mantos de Oro, a subsidiary of Kinross Gold, on the acquisition of the mining concessions held jointly with Cominor in the La Coipa gold and silver mine. Mantos de Oro took full ownership of the assets by creating a spin-off of their joint venture, which subsequently bought from Cominor.
- Yanghe, a subsidiary of the state-owned chinese group Jiangsu Yanghe Distillery, on the acquisition of a 12.5% stake of Viña San Pedro Tarapacá, a Chilean listed company, for approx. USD65 million.
- IFM Investors on the sale of Pacific Hydro, a renewable energy company with assets in Australia, Chile and Brazil, to State Power Investment Corp. of China. This deal was recognized as Cross-Border M&A Deal of the Year (2016) by Latin Finance.
- Westchester, world leader in the administration of agricultural assets, on the acquisition and administration of agricultural land and water rights and on all its legal matters in Chile.
- China Water & Electricity Corporation, a subsidiary of the Chinese state group Three Gorges Corporation, one of the largest energy companies in the world, on the establishment of its agency and other operations in Chile.
- Esval on the review of title reports for the acquisition of water rights and also, general advice and legal opinon on high complex issues on this matter.
- Copihue (Ferrero Rocher) on a due diligence of water rights for a purchase agreement, and on administrative procedures to acquire water rights for the development of its agricultural activity.
- Kinross on permanent legal advice on the design of water rights legal strategy, water rights consolidations and on judicial and administrative procedures for the development of its mining projects Lobo Marte, Mantos de Oro and Maricunga.
- Pacific Hydro and its subsidiaries Hidroeléctrica La Higuera and Hidroelectrica la Confluencia on permanent advice on the design of water rights, and on the legal strategy and regulation of permits for the development of their hydroelectric projects Chacayes, Coya, Pangal, Los Arándanos, Nido de Águila, La Higuera y La Confluencia.
- Latin America Power on water rights matters regarding some conflicts during the construction of the transmission lines related to hydro power plant projects Carilafquén and Malalcahuello.
- Origin Energy on the acquisition of 51% of hydroelectric company Energía Austral from Xstrata Chile for USD150 million, project whose total investment was for approx. USD4 billion.
- AMX de Chile (Eike Batista Group) on the closing of the sale of water rights and other related assets to Minera Escondida, operated by BHP Billiton and other agreements related to underground water exploration.
- Surelec on the successful challenge in court of several judicial opposition actions to its water usage rights for hydropower development.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Environment: Water Rights, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Mining & Metals and in Environment, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Project Development and M&A, IFLR1000.
- Recognized in Mining, Who's Who Legal.
- Recognized in Energy, LACCA.
- Recognized in Water Law and Natural Resources, Best Lawyers.
- Named Lawyer of the Year in Water Law, Best Lawyers (2016).
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the Board of the Chinese Chilean Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Tourism.
- Chilean Association of Water Utilities Sector Lawyers.
- Chair of the Environmental Committee, Inter-Pacific Bar Association.
- Founder and current chair of Asociación de Energías Marinas (ADEMAR).
- Professor of LL.M. in Water Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2014).
- Foreign associate, Projects and Corporate Groups, Herbert Smith Freehills, Melbourne and Perth (2005-2006).
- Assistant professor of Civil Law, Universidad del Desarrollo (1999-2002).
- Assistant professor of Civil Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (1998).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Co-author of the book " Chilean Water Law Code", Tirant lo Blanche (2020).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in China Trade and investment in Latin America, The Legal 500 Guide (2020).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in Legal Environment Report of the "Belt and Road" Countries, Volume III, Peking University Press (2018).
- Author of several articles in the field of natural resources law in specialized legal journals and financial publications.
- Lecturer in seminars and conferences in the field of natural resources law.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- LL.M., University of Sydney, Australia (2005).