Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Energy Group. His practice area is focused on energy regulatory matters and various types of energy projects, including contracts for electricity, liquid fuels, natural gas, NCRE accreditations, electric transmission, gas transportation, engineering and construction of infrastructure projects, property and land use permits, environmental matters and litigation related to regulatory matters of the energy industry, and civil law.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized as Leading Individual in Energy & Natural Resources; Mining; Environment, and Projects, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Mining & Metals, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized as Leading Lawyer in Energy and Natural Resources, Legal 500.
- Recognized as Leading Private Practitioner in Administrative Law and Energy, LACCA.
- Recognized in Project Finance; Energy and Mining, Who’s Who Legal.
- “Lawyer of the Year” Award in Energy, Best Lawyers (2016).
- Recognized in Energy; Environmental; Natural Resources and Project Finance and Development, Best Lawyers.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- LL.M., Duke University Law School (2000).
- Program of Instruction for Lawyers, Harvard University Law School (2000).
- Co-author of Electricity Projects & Regulations, Latin Lawyer (2015-2016).
- Co-author of the SIC-SING interconnection bill, which was signed into law in 2013 (Law N° 20,726).
- Author of the Annual Report: Energy and Utilities, Financier Worldwide (2013).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter on Energy, First Edition, Global Legal Insights, Global Legal Group (2012).
- Member of the drafting committee of the Public Electric Highway, presented before Congress by President Sebastián Piñera in 2012.
- Member of the Chilean Energy Ministry’s drafting committee for the NCRE bill, which was signed into law in 2010 (Law N° 20,698).
- Author of the Chilean chapter of Electricity Regulation, Getting the Deal Through (2007-2009).
Frequent lecturer in local and international seminars and conferences, such as the International Bar Association, Texas Bar Association, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, Enagás and Green World Conferences, etc.
Activities and Memberships
- Founder, former vice-chairman and current member of the board of the Small and Mid-sized Hydro Projects Association (APEMEC).
Continues in the next page...