Member of Carey’s Intellectual Property and Information Technology Group. He specializes in Life Sciences and regulatory matters, including advising companies in intellectual property issues related to the pharmaceutical industry, advice regarding pharmaceutical, cosmetic and medical devices regulatory matters, scientific investigation and clinical trials, regulation regarding medical professions, commercialization and advertisement of pharmaceutical products, cosmetics and medical devices, data privacy and data protection, sanitary litigation, product liability, biddings, public and private procurement, representation of clients in administrative procedures and judicial and administrative litigation arising thereof. Additionally, his general practice includes advising in intellectual and industrial property matters and litigation, licenses, distribution and franchise agreements, among other matters.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized as a Leading Lawyer in Life Sciences, Chambers Latin America.
- Leading practitioner in Life Sciences, Who’s Who Legal.
Law, Universidad de Chile.
Speaker in lectures and seminars in regulatory matters in Chile and abroad.
Activities and Memberships
- Professor of Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs in Pharmaceutical, Biological and Cosmetic Products Graduate Program, Universidad de Chile (since 2009).
- Assistant Professor of Civil Law, Universidad de Chile (2005-2009).
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- Important innovator pharmaceutical companies in the defense of their patent rights before Courts of Law..
- A major innovator pharmaceutical company in the transfer of sanitary registrations of their pharmaceutical products and authorization of the entities before the sanitary authorities.
- Several major innovator pharmaceutical companies in the acquisition and defense of data exclusivity rights over their pharmaceutical products.
- Several important innovator pharmaceutical companies in their incorporation transfer of sanitary registrations, structuring and implementation of their business structure in Chile.
Continues in the next page...