Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm´s Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions Group. He also co-heads the Private Equity and Venture Capital area. His practice focuses on representing Chilean and foreign clients in various kinds of mergers and acquisitions transactions, investment funds, private equity and corporate and commercial law in general.
Awards and Recognitions
- Leading practitioner in Mergers & Acquisitions, Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized in Corporate / M&A, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- LL.M., Columbia University (James Kent Scholar, the highest honors awarded by Columbia Law School) (2010).
- Author of the book “Inside Information in the Securities Market”, LexisNexis (2007), and 2nd edition (2009).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of the book “The Private Equity Law Review” (2012-2016).
- Co-translator to Spanish of the “IBA Guidelines for Drafting International Arbitration Clauses”, International Bar Association (2011).
- Speaker in the 6th Annual Private Equity Conference, Latin Lawyer, New York (2015).
- Speaker in the 2nd Annual M&A Conference, Latin Lawyer, Brazil (2011).
- Lecturer in the Seminar “Investment opportunities – The case of Chile, Peru and Colombia”, Columbia Law School, New York (2011).
- Lecturer in the Seminar “International Practice of Law”, New York University (NYU Stern School of Business), New York (2011).
Activities and Memberships
- Associate of the International Arbitration Practice Group, White & Case, New York (2010-2011).
- Group Leader of the Private Equity Practice Group, World Services Group.
- Member of the New York State Bar Association.
- Member of the Private Equity Expert Panel accredited by the English publication “The Law Reviews”.
- Member of the board of Fundación Independízate.
- Member of the board of Aceleradora de Negocios Link, Mujeres Empresarias.
- Professor of Commercial Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2008).
Continues in the next page...