Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm´s Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions Group and of the Capital Markets Group. He also leads the area of Venture Capital and Private Equity of the firm. His practice consists chiefly of representing local and foreign clients in various kinds of mergers and acquisitions transactions, including tender offers, private equity and asset acquisitions, joint ventures, securities regulation and corporate governance.
Awards and Recognitions
- Winner in the Investment Funds category, Leading Lawyers, Idealis (2014).
- Recognized as Leading Individual in Corporate, M&A and in Insurance, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, Legal 500.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, LACCA.
- Recognized in Banking and Finance, Corporate and M&A, Insurance Law and Investment, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized as one of the “20 lawyers to watch”, Revista Capital.
- Recognized as one of the “38 successful young Chileans in different professions”, Diario Financiero.
- Law, Universidad de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- LL.M. in Securities and Financial Regulation, Georgetown University Law Center (2002).
- Co-author of “Transactions with related parties in public corporations”, Actualidad Jurídica, year XVI, N°31, Universidad del Desarrollo (2015).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in Mergers & Acquisitions, Getting the Deal Through (2009-2013).
- Co-author of Securities World, The European Lawyer, London (2007).
- Co-author of Directors’ Liability: A Worldwide Review, Kluwer Law International, Netherlands (2006).
- Co-author of International Stock Purchase Acquisitions, American Bar Association, Chicago (2006).
- Co-author of Merger Control Worldwide, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2005).
Frequent panelist in legal seminars and conferences in Chile and abroad.
Activities and Memberships
- Professor of Mergers & Acquisitions, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (2009-2015).
- Professor of Commercial Law and Corporations, Universidad Alberto Hurtado (2004-2011).
- Foreign associate, Corporate Group, Pinheiro Neto Advogados, Sao Paulo (third quarter of 2006).
- Foreign associate, M&A Group, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, New York (2005-2006).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
Continues in the next page...