Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Natural Resources and Environmental Group. His professional practice is focused on water law, natural resources transactions and litigation, corporate law and commercial law. Mr. Cardemil is also the head of the Agribusiness Group, and Carey’s China Regional Chief Representative.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized as Leading Individual in Water and Mining, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Mining & Metals and in Energy, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Lawyer of the Year Award in Water Law, Best Lawyers (2016).
- Recognized in Natural Resources Law and Water Law, Best Lawyers.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- LL.M., University of Sydney, Australia (2005).
Author of several articles in the field of natural resources law in specialized legal journals and financial publications.
Lecturer in seminars and conferences in the field of natural resources law.
Activities and Memberships
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the board of the Chinese Chilean Chamber of Commerce.
- Chilean Association of Water Utilities Sector Lawyers.
- Vice-chair, Environmental Committee, Inter-Pacific Bar Association.
- Founder and current Chair of Asociación de Energías Marinas (ADEMAR).
- Professor of LL.M. in Water Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2014).
- Foreign Associate, Projects and Corporate Groups, Herbert Smith Freehills, Melbourne and Perth (2005-2006).
- Assistant Professor of Civil Law, Universidad del Desarrollo (1999-2002).
- Assistant Professor of Civil Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (1998).
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- IFM Investors in the sale of Pacific Hydro, a renewable energy company with assets in Australia, Chile and Brazil, to State Power Investment Corp. of China. This deal was recognized as Cross-Border M&A Deal of the Year of 2016 by Latin Finance.
Continues in the next page...