The Superintendence of Environment has suspended all of sanctioning proceedings and implemented virtual channels to receive consultations, complaints and replace its reception office.
These measures complement the instructions referred to the compliance with environmental obligations in the current sanitary context (which are currently in force by means of their publication in the Official Gazette on March 24) see here.
On March 23, 2020 the Superintendence of Environment (“SMA”) issued Exempt Resolution No. 518 (“Res. 518”) - download resolution (spanish) - , which orders the suspension of the terms of the following proceedings, from March 23, 2020 to March 31, 2020, both dates included:
- Sanctioning proceedings initiated by the SMA.
- Administrative terms for the fulfillment of measures, information requirements and any other diligences ordered by the SMA in other proceedings pursuant to its sanctioning, inspection and regulatory powers.
Res. 518 does not affect the compliance with other type of obligations before the SMA.
Enforcement of virtual channels
In order to provide continuity to its service within the Covid-19 context, the SMA enforced the following virtual channels:
- Online consultations through OAC application form (https://oac.sma.gob.cl) and telephone.
- Virtual reception office, through emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email of complaint forms (https://portal.sma.gob.cl/index.php/portal-ciudadano/denuncia/) to email@example.com.