Superintendence of Environment orders the suspension of terms and enforces virtual channels in the context of Covid-19
The Superintendence of Environment has suspended all of sanctioning proceedings and implemented virtual channels to receive consultations, complaints and replace its reception office.
These measures complement the instructions referred to the compliance with environmental obligations in the current sanitary context (which are currently in force by means of their publication in the Official Gazette on March 24) see here.
On March 23, 2020 the Superintendence of Environment (“SMA”) issued Exempt Resolution No. 518 (“Res. 518”) - download resolution (spanish) - , which orders the suspension of the terms of the following proceedings, from March 23, 2020 to March 31, 2020, both dates included:
- Sanctioning proceedings initiated by the SMA.
- Administrative terms for the fulfillment of measures, information requirements and any other diligences ordered by the SMA in other proceedings pursuant to its sanctioning, inspection and regulatory powers.
Res. 518 does not affect the compliance with other type of obligations before the SMA.
Enforcement of virtual channels
In order to provide continuity to its service within the Covid-19 context, the SMA enforced the following virtual channels:
- Online consultations through OAC application form (https://oac.sma.gob.cl) and telephone.
- Virtual reception office, through emails to email@example.com.
- Email of complaint forms (https://portal.sma.gob.cl/index.php/portal-ciudadano/denuncia/) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding the matters discussed in this news alert, please contact the following attorneys or call your regular Carey contact.
+56 2 2928 2210
This news alert is provided by Carey y Cía. Ltda. for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended and should not be construed as legal advice.
Carey y Cía. Ltda.
Isidora Goyenechea 2800, 43rd Floor
Las Condes, Santiago, Chile.