Skip to content
- A mining company on its defense before the Constitutional Court in the framework of a constitutional remedy, presented by workers dismissed due to irregularities related to insurance contracts during their period as union leaders.
- Sun Dreams on a constitutional remedy before the Constitutional Court to obtain the inapplicability of an article that deprived Sun Dreams of exercising its right to appeal, obtaining a favorable ruling.
- Arauco on a cycle of lectures and preparation of reports about diverse topics discussed in the Constitutional Convention within the framework of the constituent process.
- Metrogas on a legal report on the unconstitutionality of certain regulations contained in the Natural Gas Bill, to be presented before the Constitution Commission of the Senate.
- Asociación Nacional de Fútbol (Football Federation of Chile) on a legal opinion on the disabilities of agents of professional players, within the framework of the elaboration of its statutes.
- A municipality on an constitutional remedy before the Constitutional Court against residents who oppose to the construction of social housing in the vicinity of their community.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Administrative and Public Law, Best Lawyers.
- Teaching Merit Award, Universidad Católica de Chile (2020).
- Best Teacher Award, granted by the students of the Faculty of Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2017, 2018, 2019).
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Professor of Constitutional Law in the undergraduate degree and Master's in Public Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (since 1995).
- President of the Citizen Council of Observers of the Constituent Process (2015-2017).
- Dean of the Law Faculty, Universidad de Las Américas (2008-2017).
- Vice dean and dean, Faculty of Legal Sciences, Universidad Andrés Bello (2000-2006).
- Member of the Presidential Advisory Commission on Transparency and Probity (2003-2005).
- External cabinet advisor, Ministry of Justice of Chile (1997-1999).
- External cabinet advisor, Ministry of National Defense (1995-1996).
- Advisor and chief of the Political and Institutional Relations Division and secretary of the Public Ethics Commission, Ministry General Secretariat of the Presidency (1990-1994).
- Professor of multiple specialties of Public Law in undergraduate and graduate programs at important institutions and universities.
- Author of several publications and articles about public law matters.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Course on Comparative Constitutional Law, University of Notre Dame, USA (1993).
- Master in Political Science, Universidad Católica de Chile (1994).
- LL.M., Harvard Law School, USA (1995).
- Doctorate studies in Law, Universidad de Chile.