+56 2 2928 2212
Associate of Carey and member of the Labor and Corporate Immigration Group. She is also part of Carey Visas. Her practice area focuses on employment, labor and immigration law, advising national and foreign companies in matters such as hiring and termination of employees' processes, outsourcing and externalization of services, employment matters in corporate restructuring processes, including M&A and due diligence.
Likewise, Valentina focuses on the resolution of legal matters associated to cross-border corporate restructurings as well as the structure and implementation of international outbound and inbound assignments, particularly, expatriate processes and planning of immigration solutions (visa and work permits processing) that suits the client’s needs.
- One of the main financial advisory firms in Latin America, representing a group of investors, on the labor aspects of the acquisition of one of the three largest pharmacy chains in Chile, from a transnational corporation based in UK.
- A German company and global leader in container shipping on labor aspects of the acquisition, for approx. USD1 billion, of the port terminals and inland logistics business of a Chilean multinational company that provides foreign trade services. Upon closing, the entire operation includes ten terminals in six countries in the Americas, and all the inland logistics business.
- A department store chain on a labor and employment due diligence as part of an association agreement with a local retail store. The due diligence involved the revision of the labor compliance situation of eight companies with more than 16,000 employees, 56 unions, and 55 collective employment contracts/agreements.
- A German maritime shipping company on the labor due diligence process, employee transfer and retention scheme for key employees of an M&A transaction with a Chilean maritime company to jointly become one of the largest shipping companies in the world.
- A leading salmon food producer on a due diligence in labor and employment matters and in the handling of highly complex labor issues in the purchase of a local salmon farming company.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Degree in Labor and Social Security Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2012).
- Master in Labor and Social Security, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (2015).
- Course in Management of Workplace Harassment, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (2020).
- Course in Immigration Legislation and Hiring of Foreign Employees (2021).
- Chile (2011).