+56 2 2928 2208
His practice focuses mainly on the insurance and reinsurance industry, regulatory matters, and commercial and corporate advisory services.
- MetLife Chile Seguros de Vida on its defense in two arbitration procedures initiated by an insurance broker and on its defense in an administrative procedure before the Financial Market Commission and the National Consumer Service (Sernac), related to the commercialization of certain health insurance policies.
- BNP Paribas Cardif on the negotiation of bancassurance alliances with several banks for the commercialization of insurance policies in the context of bidding processes.
- Coopeuch and Coopeuch Corredores on the negotiation of a three-year bancassurance alliance with an insurance company, as well as on the assignment of policies in the context of the acquisition of a loan portfolio from BCI and the termination of a bancassurance alliance.
- Liberty Seguros on the process of negotiation and collection from the policyholder and guarantor of 14 first demand guarantee insurance policies for USD14 million, becoming one of the largest guarantee claims in Chile.
- Coopeuch Corredores de Seguros, Marsh Limited, Carpenter Marsh Fac, Klare Corredores de Seguros on the compliance with the regulatory requirements before the Financial Market Commission, including self-assessments, administration changes and renewal of policies required by the regulations.
- AIG UK on a risk analysis and issuance of representation and guarantee policies (R&W) contracted by a local buyer, in the context of the acquisition of local entities.
- Important foreign banks on a regulatory analysis of investment operations of local insurance companies, including financial investments such as derivatives, repos, among others.
- Several insurance companies on an analysis of the effects associated to the constitutional reform regarding the advance payment of pension life annuity policies, approved in 2021 in relation to the Covid 19 pandemic, as well as analysis of coverage of Covid 19.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Insurance, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Insurance, Top Ranked Legal.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Professor of Insurance Law, Universidad Andrés Bello.
- Member of the working group on Guarantees and Credit, International Insurance Law Association (AIDA).
- Professor of Non-Life Insurance, Escuela de Seguros (since 2017).
- In-house Counsel and Chief of Claims and Collections, Solunion Chile Seguros de Crédito (2015-2017).
- Teaching Assistant of Professional Practice I and II, Universidad Católica de Chile (2011-2014).
- Member of the Chilean section of the International Insurance Law Association (AIDA).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Author of the article "Dispute Clause in Trade Credit Insurance. Theoretical and Practical Approach", Revista Chilena de Derecho de Seguros, International Insurance Law Association (2022).
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Degree on Insurance Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (best student award, 2014).
- Master on Corporate Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2016).
- Degree on Non-Life and Life Insurance, and Loss Adjuster, Escuela de Seguros certified by the Chilean Insurance Regulator (2017).
- Chile (2013).