+56 2 2928 2612
His practice focuses on dispute resolution, including domestic and international arbitration, regulatory and constitutional litigation, advising public and private clients in Chile and abroad.
- DNB Bank ASA New York Branch, as administrative and collateral agent acting on behalf of a syndicate of international banks, on the amendment of the outstanding credit facilities and several guarantees granted in Chile, to secure a refinancing to Cooke Aquaculture Inc. and Cooke Aquaculture USA for approx. USD616 million (CDN675 million and USD120 million).
- A major international construction company on preliminary negotiations for the development of an international arbitration before the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) regarding the Chilean Government's breaches of a construction contract for a major hydroelectric project in Chile.
- Fundación Imagen de Chile and the Chilean Ministry of Environment on an international commercial arbitration related to the Conference of the Parties 25 (COP 15) of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, organized by Chile in 2019.
- An important international insurance and pension services company on the preliminary negotiations for the development of an international arbitration before the (ICSID regarding the Chilean Government's non-compliance with pension legislation.
- Sun Dreams, one of the largest gaming casino operators in the country, on a lawsuit before several national courts against the casino regulatory agency, regarding the applicable regulations for the renewal of the operating permit of the largest gaming casino in Chile.
- Red Salud UC Christus, one of the largest healthcare providers in Chile, on a lawsuit against the national health regulator, regarding the liquidation and use of the legal guarantee of one of the largest healthcare providers in the country, for the legitimate payment of the excess contributions of its users.
- One of the largest fund managers in Chile on a lawsuit against the financial markets oversight agency, regarding the improper request of sensitive information from its users in the absence of legal powers on the part of the regulator.
- One of the largest infrastructure concession companies in Chile on an arbitration against the Ministry of Public Works related to the application of tariffs and its eventual modifications regarding one of the main concessioned highways in Chile.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Fulbright Scholarship, US-Chile Fulbright Commission (2021).
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Teaching Assistant of Administrative Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (2021).
- Teaching Assistant of the Center for Environmental Law, Universidad de Chile (2020).
- Teaching Assistant of Civil Law, Universidad de Chile (2017).
- Teaching Assistant of Private International Law, Universidad de Chile (2015).
- Law, Universidad de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- Degree in Environmental Law: Environmental Management Instruments, New Tendencies, Universidad de Chile (2020).
- Degree in Administrative Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2020).
- LL.M. Harvard Law School (candidate) (Fulbright Scholar and Becas Chile).
- Chile (2018).