+56 2 2928 2213
His practice focuses on arbitration and civil and commercial litigation as well as insolvency proceedings, including reorganization and liquidation.
- Equitas on the insolvency proceedings of Innovaciones Forestales (Infor), a forestry company with operations in southern Chile, and in which Equitas had investments.
- Pluskapital, an important stockbrocker, on a claim of illegality before the Court of Appeals of Santiago requesting the annulment of a sanction imposed by the Financial Market Commission (CMF) which excluded Pluskapital from the public registry of stockbrokers preventing it to carry out operations and exist as a stockbrocker in the market. The Court of Appeals replaced the exclusion with a temporary suspension consequently Pluskapital is currently operating normally.
- Fantástico Sur, a sustainable tourism company located in a private piece of land adjacent to Torres del Paine, considered one of the most important parks in Chile and one of the eight wonders of the world, on its defense in a lawsuit presented by the State of Chile, alleging that part of the land where Fantástico Sur operates is public, claiming its restitution and as well as damages.
- A photovoltaic energy project multinational on its succesfull defense in a lawsuit to determine damages for USD6 million for breach of contract against it.
- An electric project developer company on an arbitration regarding the interpretation of a Power Purchase Agreement, whose collection and damages amounted to USD2.4 million.
- Several companies on construction litigation and claims related to projects of diverse kind.
- Cuerpo de Voluntarios de los Botes Salvavidas de Valparaíso on a Pro Bono case for the collection of unpaid rents by a lessee.
- Several national and foreign companies on filing of proof of claims in reorganization and liquidation proceedings under insolvency law.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Teaching Assistant of Procedural Law, Universidad Diego Portales (since 2017).
- Teaching Assistant of Commercial Law, Universidad Católica de Valparaíso (2015).
- Teaching Assistant of Criminal and Criminal Procedural Law, Universidad Católica de Valparaíso (2014-2015).
- Teaching Assistant of Procedural Law, Universidad Católica de Valparaíso (2013).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Co-author of the article "Preventive Imprisonment as Anticipatory Protection in the Chilean Criminal Procedural Code", Derecho Procesal Contemporáneo Magazine, Instituto Colombiano de Derecho Procesal (2016).
- Law, Universidad Católica de Valparaíso.
- Degree in Insolvency Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2021).
- R.P. Eduardo Lobos SS.CC Award, given to the best student of his class (2015).
- Professor Raul Le Roy Award, given to the best student of his class (2012 and 2014).
- Enrique Wiegand Frödden Award, given to the student with the highest grades in his class (2010-2014).
- Tito Solari Peralta Award, given to the student with the highest grades in Criminal Law and Criminal Procedural Law (2010-2014).
- Osvaldo Oelckers Camus Award, given to the student with the highest grades in Constitutional Law and Administrative Law (2010-2014).
- Chile (2016).