Skip to content
- Moly-Cop Chile on an anti-dumping investigation before the Comisión Antidistorsiones, obtaining a definitive 5.6% anti-dumping duty on the imports of grinding balls of Chinese origin with a diameter under 4 inches.
- Agrofoods Central Valley Chile on a judicial reorganization proceeding to restructure liabilities exceeding USD65 million, approved by 100% of its creditors, including Banco de Chile, Banco BICE, Rabofinance, Banco de Crédito e Inversiones and Banco Security, for a syndicated loan of approx. USD40 million, other national banks and multiple suppliers.
- Liberty Chile Seguros Generales on an arbitration dispute with an important infrastructure company, related to insurance coverage.
- Nueva Unión, a major mining company owned by Teck Resources and Newmont Goldcorp, on surface rights and land disputes in Northern Chile.
- Universidad Católica de Chile and related companies on the reorganization process of Isapre MasVida, the largest to ever take place in Chile.
- An electricity generation company on an arbitration with an important mining company, related to a PPA from a photovoltaic plant in northern Chile, in which the claim of the mining company to terminate the contract was rejected.
- A mining company on a negotiation with one of its contractors in insolvency, which allowed the continuation of works and the development of a USD5 billion mining project.
- Fundación Social, a Colombian Foundation, on the purchase from J.P. Morgan of a participation equivalent to 18.8% in the Colombian bank Banco Caja Social (Simpson Thacher & Bartlett).
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Restructuring, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Restructuring, Top Ranked Legal.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Professor of Civil Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (since 2016).
- International Associate, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, New York (2015-2016).
- Research Assistant, Professor Richard R.W. Brooks, Columbia University (2014-2015).
- Teaching Assistant of Civil Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2012-2014).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the New York Bar Association.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- LL.M., Columbia University (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) (Fulbright and Beca Chile scholarship) (2015).
- Chile (2012).
- New York (2016).