Skip to content
- Qatar Airways, and its affiliates, on the negotiation and execution of a debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing to LATAM Airlines during the reorganization process of the latter, under the Chapter 11 rules in the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, for up to USD2.45 billion.
- CorpGroup Banking, VivoCorp (and Terra) and Valle Nevado on their bankruptcy reorganization processes, whether under Chilean or foreign law.
- Codelco on a commercial arbitration; and on multiple lawsuits before the ordinary courts.
- Cencosud on unfair competition litigation and commercial arbitration.
- Liberty Chile Seguros Generales on arbitration disputes with important infrastructure companies, related to general insurance coverage.
- Finning on commercial arbitration; and on multiple lawsuits in ordinary courts.
- Wom on cases of unfair competition before ordinary courts.
- Several real estate and construction companies on arbitration proceedings and extrajudicial negotiations for the execution of construction contracts in lump sum, EPC and EPCM modalities.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Dispute Resolution: Litigation and in Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Restructuring, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Litigation and Arbitration, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Litigation, Who's Who Legal.
- Recognized in Arbitration and Mediation, Insolvency and Reorganization and Litigation, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Corporate Restructuring, Leading Lawyers.
- Recognized in Benchmark Litigation Latin America.
- Recognized in Restructuring & Insolvency, Leaders League.
- Recognized in Litigation, Restructuring and Insolvency and Compliance, Top Ranked Legal.
- Best Undergraduate Professor Award, School of Law, Universidad de Chile (2008).
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Professor of Civil Law, Universidad de Chile (since 2001).
- Professor of Academia Judicial (since 2007) and Instituto de Estudios Judiciales Hernán Correa de la Cerda (since 2013).
- Professor of the Master in Law of Succession, Universidad Diego Portales (since 2010).
- Professor of LL.M., Universidad de Chile (since 2007).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the New York Bar Association.
- Co-author of the article "Current Practices in Reorganization Agreements", Law Journal, Universidad del Desarrollo (2022).
- Co-author of the chapter "Civil Liability of Corporate Directors for Infringement of the Duty of Care and Loyalty" in "Special Civil Liability Statutes", Tirant lo Blanch (2021).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in IBA Toolkit on Insolvency and Arbitration, IBA (2021).
- Co-author of the book "Contractual Remedies", Chile - Thomson Reuters (2018) and Colombia - Temis (2021).
- Co-author of the chapter "Chile: Trends and Developments" in the Chambers Global Practice Guide: Litigation, Chambers and Partners (2019).
- Co-author of the article "The Conflict of Interest in the Company Contract and its Regulation in the Civil Code under the Statute of Contractual Liability. Comments on the "Salinero / Rueda" case, Revista Chilena de Derecho Privado (2019).
- Author of the article "The Unfair Competition in the Commercial Distribution Contract", Revista Chilena de Derecho Privado, Fernando Fueyo Laneri Foundation (2014).
- Author of several articles in Chilean and foreign publications.
- Law, Universidad de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- LL.M., Duke University (Presidente de la República scholarship) (2006).
- Degree in Corporate Finance, Universidad de Chile (2010).
- LL.M., Universidad de Chile (candidate).
- Chile (2001).
- New York (2007).