Skip to content
- Qatar Airways, as shareholder and lender, on the LATAM Airlines reorganization process under Chapter 11 rules in the Bankruptcy Court of New York, including the negotiation and execution of two debtor-in-possession (DIP) financings. The process ended with a successful emergence of LATAM Airlines from the proceeding after securities issuances and debt contracting for a total of US$13.2 billion, resulting with Qatar Airways remaining as a relevant shareholder.
- Goldman Sachs on a senior secured notes issuance used to purchase certain receivables from the main energy generation companies in Chile originated under Law No. 21,185, which temporarily stabilized the electricity tariffs.
- Celeo Redes and APG Energy & Infra Investments on the acquisition of 100% of Colbún Transmisión, a Colbún subsidiary and one of the largest transmission companies in Chile for approx. USD1.3 billion.
- Patria Investments, a global alternative asset manager, along with Moneda Asset Management, a leading asset manager based in Chile, on the creation of an investment platform in Latin America, enhancing Patria's product offering by creating the number one Private investments in Public Equities (PIPE) manager in the region. The deal included a sale of shares and an international merger.
- The Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) on the acquisition of a 16.76% stake in Scotiabank Chile and other Chilean subsidiaries from the Said family, by means of a share purchase and share exchange for USD1.014 billion. As a consequence of this transaction, BNS became the owner of a 99,79% interest in Scotiabank Chile.
- Several renewable energy companies on the obtention of VAT exemptions for the import of capital assets and the obtention of VAT refund for the tax paid during the construction period of their projects in Chile.
- Several multinational and local companies, in various industries (banking, mining, forestry, public concessions, retail, energy, etc.) on day-to-day permanent tax advice as well as particular projects.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Tax, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Tax, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Tax, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Corporate Tax, Leaders League.
- Recognized in Tax, Top Ranked Legal.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Professor of theTax Law Master Program, Universidad Diego Portales (2013-2018).
- Co-author of the article "Chile's Approach to the Taxation of the Digital Economy", IBA (2019).
- Co-author of the article "VAT Relief in Operational Projects in Chile", Practical Latin American Tax Strategies, Thomson Reuters (2013).
- Co-author of the article "Equity or Debt? Funding Foreign Investment in Chile", International Tax Review (2012).
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Exchange student, New York University (2006).
- Degree in Tax Law with a minor in Litigation, Universidad Diego Portales (2010).
- LL.M. in International Taxation, University of Florida (2011).