Skip to content
- Goldman Sachs, as the sole global coordinator, bookrunner, initial purchaser and commitment provider, on a USD489 million zero coupon senior secured notes issuance due 2028 issued by Chile Electricity PEC SpA under Rule 144A/Regulation S of the United States Securities Act of 1933. The proceeds were used by Chile Electricity PEC SpA to purchase certain receivables from the main energy generation companies in Chile originated under Law No. 21,185, which temporarily stabilized the electricity tariffs.
- A multinational bank on the tax aspects related to the acquisition of a majority stake and control of a local bank for more than USD2 billion.
- A local mining company on settling a tax audit for transfer pricing adjustments.
- Several renewable energy companies on the obtention of VAT exemptions for the import of capital assets and the obtention of VAT refund for the tax paid at construction stage.
- Norwegian investment funds on the tax aspects of the sale of an aquaculture-food business with Chilean underlying assets.
- An Italian financial and insurance company on the tax aspects of the carve-out of the Chilean pension fund business in the global sale process of its banking business.
- A Japanese investment company on the tax aspects related to the acquisition of a 30% stake in a major mining asset to a Chilean company.
- A Canadian investment fund on the tax aspects of the sale of its 50% stake in a mayor toll-road in Santiago.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Tax, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Tax, Top Ranked Legal.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Professor of theTax Law Master Program, Universidad Diego Portales (2013-2018).
- Co-author of the article "Chile's Approach to the Taxation of the Digital Economy", IBA (2019).
- Co-author of the article "VAT Relief in Operational Projects in Chile", Practical Latin American Tax Strategies, Thomson Reuters (2013).
- Co-author of the article "Equity or Debt? Funding Foreign Investment in Chile", International Tax Review (2012).
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Exchange student, New York University (2006).
- Degree in Tax Law with a minor in Litigation, Universidad Diego Portales (2010).
- LL.M. in International Taxation, University of Florida (2011).