Skip to content
- Brookfield Asset Management on a mezzanine financing for the construction and operation of two renewable energy plants (Cerro Dominador Project) located in the Antofagasta region: a 110MW concentrated solar plant (utilizing molten salt technology) and a 100MW solar photovoltaic plant, that jointly will provide 210MW of base load renewable capacity to the Chilean electrical grid.
- Compañía Minera Nevada on administrative and judicial proceedings before the Superintendence of Environment and the 2° Environmental Court.
- Sichuan Tianqi on the performance of an environmental due diligence process with regards to Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile (SQM), the largest lithium and other non-metallic minerals producer in Chile, in connection with the potential acquisition of an important related company.
- ACCIONA Energía on the purchase agreement of San Gabriel Wind Project, a wind farm of 183MW installed capacity and 61 wind turbine generators, and of Tolchén Transmission Line. Carey also advised ACCIONA Energía in the interconnection agreement to connect the San Gabriel Wind Project to the Central Interconnected System, through the Tolchén Transmission Line.
- SunPower on the acquisition, development and financing process of a 100MW photovoltaic plant located in the north of Chile called "El Pelícano".
- Danone with regards to all the environmental matters and permitting issues related to the sale of its local subsidiary.
- Sojitz Corporation on the acquisition of the PV Power Project "Huatacondo" of up to 98MW of capacity, owned by Austrian Solar.
- Paz Corp on environmental matters related to the development of its projects.
- Aislapol on permanent advice on environmental and regulatory matters
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the Joint Public Advisory Committee of the Commission for Environmental Cooperation between Chile and Canada (since 2020).
- Professor of Environmental Law, Degree in Environmental Law and Sustainability, Universidad Católica de Chile (since 2017).
- Visiting Attorney at Eversheds LLP, London (2015-2016).
- Internship in the area of financing of renewable energy projects, Gaiagen Limited, London (2015).
- Chief of Staff of the Vice Minister of Environment (2013).
- Chief of Staff of the Director of the Environmental Assessment Agency (2013-2014).
- Teaching Assistant of Environmental Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (since 2012).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Co-author of "Towards a Sustainable State: the Role of the Ministry of Environment and Ministry Council of Sustainability", "Temas de Actualidad. Diplomado en Medio Ambiente y Desarrollo Sustentable", Universidad Católica de Chile (2015).
- Author of "Contractual Valuation of a Guarantee over Time. Commentary to a Girona’s Audience ruling dated on September 16th, 2011", "Derecho Corporativo. Jurisprudencia comentada", Thomson Reuters and Legal Publishing Chile (2012).
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Master of Science in Environmental Policy & Regulation, The London School of Economics and Political Science (Chevening Scholarship) (2015).
- Degree in Administrative Law, Universidad Católica de Valparaíso (2014).
- Exchange Student, University of North Carolina, United States (2009).