+56 2 2928 2201
His practice focuses primarily on corporate and commercial law, international trade, foreign investment, capital markets and general practice. He also acts as counsel to family companies and holdings on the corporate organization of their business and the structuring of their estate successions.
Previously, he worked as an associate in the antitrust and regulated markets group.
- Hapag-Lloyd, a German listed company and global leader in container shipping, on the acquisition, for approx. USD1 billion, of the port terminals and inland logistics business of SAAM, a Chilean listed multinational company that provides foreign trade services. Upon closing, Hapag-Lloyd will acquire the entire operation of the port terminals business of SAAM, which includes ten terminals in six countries in the Americas, and of the inland logistics business of SAAM.
- Brink's Chile on its defense before the TDLC with respect to a claim filed by the FNE (National Economic Prosecutor’s Office) in relation to an alleged price-fixing scheme occurred between 2017 and 2018, in which the main securities transport companies operating in Chile were involved.
- EssilorLuxottica on the international acquisition of the entire interest of HAL Optical Investments in the optical group GrandVision, gaining control over that entity. The advice included the merger control with GrandVision, which required the implementation of a carve-out or divestment of Rotter & Krauss by the latter.
- NV Bekaert on the mandatory merger control procedure before the National Economic Prosecutor (FNE) for the acquisition of the shares that Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan Board held in BBRG Holding (UK), a manufacturer of steel ropes and synthetic wires with subsidiaries in the wire industry in Chile, obtaining its exclusive control.
- The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) on the mandatory merger control procedure before the National Economic Prosecutor (FNE) regarding the global acquisition of Twenty-First Century Fox (21CF), including film and television studios and international cable and television businesses, which closed subject to behavioral remedies.
- IBM on the mandatory merger control procedure before the National Economic Prosecutor regarding the worldwide transaction concerning the acquisition of all the stocks of Red Hat, a company active in the information technology software for enterprise customers market for USD34 billion.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Law Firm Pro Bono Coordinator Award, Fundación Pro Bono (2022).
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Pro Bono Coordinator at Carey (since 2022).
- Coordinator (since 2022) and former Senior Teaching Assistant (2021-2022) of the Antitrust Program, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Researcher of the specialization on Regulated Industries of the Degree in Antitrust Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (since 2021).
- Law Clerk, Antitrust Group, Carey (2017).
- Teaching Assistant of Constitutional Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2014-2015).
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Degree in Antitrust Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (2021).
- Chile (2019).