Juan Pablo StitchkinPartner
+56 2 2928 2223
Partner of Carey and co-head of the Construction and Engineering Group and head of the Real Estate Group. His practice focuses on the advice of domestic and foreign clients on infrastructure projects, engineering and construction, mining and energy facilities, EPC, EPCM, BoP, BOT, BOOT, O&M contracts, claim management, administration of projects, real estate development, land development and related legal issues.
- Sencorp on an agreement with MetLife Seguros de Vida and Inversiones Muni to promote several real estate initiatives for over USD600 million for the next seven to ten years. The investment program considers the construction of 18 residential buildings, offices and commercial areas, concentrated in the Metropolitan and Valparaíso regions, which total almost 500,000 mt².
- Codelco on the preparation of a BOT contract and bidding documents for a desalinated water supply project.
- Sencorp and Sura, through a joint venture, on the financing, development and construction of a real estate project of two buildings located in a business area of Santiago known as "Nueva Las Condes".
- Sierra Gorda on the preparation of operation phase contracts including services, procurement and construction contracts.
- Latin America Power on the preparation and negotiation of a S&I and a BoP contract for the development of a 184MW wind farm in Chile.
- Banco Security and Banco Consorcio regarding the financing of the Uribe Solar project, a photovoltaic power plant of approx. 50MW. The project injects power to the Norte Grande Interconnected System, owned by Fotovoltaica Norte Grande 5, Chilean subsidiary of Gestamp Renewables, a leading European energy Company with worldwide operations, for USD102 million.
- An international consortium on the negotiation of a highway construction contract under a public concession.
- A national shipyard company on rebuilding its port facilities after the earthquake of 2010.
- A major international retailer on the negotiation of its long-term lease contracts in Chile.
- An important energy company on the development of several energy projects in Chile, including the preparation and negotiation of all related contracts (EPC, BoP, TSA, etc.), project administration and dispute resolution.
- A global contractor on the preparation and negotiation of EPC, EPCM, POs, contract administration, claim management and dispute resolution for a mining project in the north of Chile.
- A mining company on the preparation and negotiation of all contracts related to the construction of a new mine in the north of Chile, including contract administration, claim management and dispute resolution.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Named Lawyer of the Year in Construction, Best Lawyers (2022).
- Recognized in Projects and Real Estate, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Real Estate, Projects and Infrastructure, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Real Estate & Tourism and in Project Finance and Infrastructure, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Project Development, IFLR1000.
- Recognized in Construction, Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized in Construction, Real Estate and Project Finance and Development, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Real Estate and Construction, Leaders League.
- Recognized in Construction, Expert Guides.
- Recognized in Real Estate, Leading Lawyers.
- Recognized in Infrastructure, Projects and Real Estate, Top Ranked Legal.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Director of the Chilean Association of Construction Law (Sociedad Chilena del Derecho de la Construcción).
- Co-Chair of the Construction & Infrastructure Practice Group, Terralex (since 2021).
- Professor of the Course on Specialization in Construction Law, Law School, Universidad de Los Andes (2015-2020).
- Professor of Law, Business School, Universidad de Chile (2011-2012).
- Former project manager in important real estate developing and consulting companies.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the Chilean Society of Construction Law.
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of Construction and Projects Q&As Global Guide, Thomson Reuters (2018-2020).
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- LL.M., Northwestern University, Chicago (2009).
- Certificate in Business Administration, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Chicago (2009).
- Chile (2007).