Juan Guillermo LevineEmeritus Partner
+56 2 2928 2221
Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Banking and Finance Group. Head of the Project Financing Group. The main focus of his practice is on the creation and structuring of financing for all kind of businesses, both from the banking perspective as well as from the company´s side; in purchases and sale of companies; and in the issuance of debt and equity securities, either in the local or international markets.
- Gacrux, a subsidiary of Codelco, on a loan agreement for approx. USD874 million with Oriente Copper Netherlands B.V, a subsidiary of Mitsui group. The agreement was to refinance a bridge loan originally signed by the same parties to finance the indirect purchase from Gacrux of shares of Anglo American Sur.
- Codelco on the successful placement of a bond issuance for USD1,150 million under Rule 144A/Regulation S with maturity on November 3, 2021.
- Complejo Portuario Mejillones on the negotiations for port services necessary for unloading coal to fuel a power generation project plant of approx. 450 MW, owned by Empresa Eléctrica Cochrane, located in Mejillones, Region II, Chile.
- Codelco on the issuance of Notes for USD980 million, under Rule 144 A due in 2044.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Empresa Nacional del Petróleo (ENAP), where he was in charge of the legal committee that prepared the legislation for Petroleum Operational Contracts (1974-1975).
- Chilean Bar Association.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Chile (1974).