Skip to content
- Republic of Chile on a resubmission proceeding pursued by Joan Garcés, in representation of Víctor Pey, Coral Pey and Fundación Presidente Allende under the ICSID rules, whereby he sought a USD350 million compensation for the expropriation of the newspaper "El Clarín", and the denial of justice and lack of fair and equal treatment related to it. Additionally, on a lawsuit filed against it in 2018 by Joan Garcés, under the rules of UNCITRAL.
- Metro 6, an affiliate of Salini-Impregilo, the largest constructor company in Italy, on an arbitration procedure against Metro for alleged breach of contract for the construction of subway line number 6, where the constructing company sought damages for approx. USD120 million.
- Philip Morris Chile on a claim before the Antitrust Court against British American Tobacco Chile, for abuse of dominant position and the performance of exclusionary acts. Also, before a Civil Court, on a summary judgment against British American Tobacco Chile for the damages that resulted from the exclusionary acts performed in the Chilean cigarettes market.
- Nuevosur on an arbitration procedure initiated by the state company Econssa with the purpose to determine the scope of the "Unpaid Investments Mechanism", agreed by the parties in the Assignment Contract for the Water Concessions Explotation Rights.
- Inversiones Punta de Rieles and Antofagasta Railway Company on an arbitration procedure of about eight different claims for alleged infringement of the representations and warranties contained in the SDA and the Purchase Agreement of Aguas de Antofagasta The main claim referred to the expansion project of a desalination plant. The claimed amount fluctuated between USD13 and USD40 million.
- Cencosud on its defense regarding a lawsuit submitted by the National Economic Prosecutor against Cencosud and two other supermarkets, for alleged collusion in fixing the resale price of chicken in the grocery store market.
- Graña & Montero on three different arbitration procedures initiated against the company, whereby the claimant requested the declaration of nullity of an Investment Agreement, a Shareholders Agreement and other instruments, plus the award of USD50 million damages compensation.
- A Central American country on an investment dispute before the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) (in Arnold & Porter).
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Dispute Resolution, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Litigation and Arbitration, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Litigation, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Benchmark Litigation Latin America.
- Recognized in Dispute Resolution, Top Ranked Legal.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Foreign associate, International Arbitration practice, Arnold & Porter, Washington DC (2014).
- Member of the panel of young arbitrators, Arbitration and Mediation Center, Santiago Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the Chilean Institute of Procedural Law (2011).
- Professor of Civil Procedure Reform Diploma, Universidad Católica de Chile (2011).
- Professor of Civil Law, Universidad Nacional Andrés Bello (2009-2012).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Co-author of the article "Comments on the Increasing Impact of Anti-Corruption rules in International Arbitration", CAM Santiago (2019).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in the Chambers Global Practice Guide: Litigation, Chambers and Partners (2019).
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Degree on Modern Civil and Commercial Rules for Contracting, Universidad de Chile (2008).
- LL.M., University of California, Berkeley (2013).
- Degree on Administrative Litigation, Universidad Católica de Chile (2016).