Skip to content
- Goldman Sachs, as the sole global coordinator, bookrunner, initial purchaser and commitment provider, on a USD489 million zero coupon senior secured notes issuance due 2028 issued by Chile Electricity PEC SpA under Rule 144A/Regulation S of the United States Securities Act of 1933. The proceeds were used by Chile Electricity PEC SpA to purchase certain receivables from the main energy generation companies in Chile originated under Law No. 21,185, which temporarily stabilized the electricity tariffs.
- Daelim Energy on the due diligence and acquisition of a 40% of Empresa Eléctrica Cochrane, a company controlled by AES Gener and owner of of the 532 MW Cochrane plant, to a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation.
- Renewable Resources Group on the due diligence and acquisition of Solar E. a company controlled by funds managed by SCL Energía Activa and owner of seven power generation plants, using photovoltaic solar technology and various projects and extensions under development.
- Sojitz Corporation on the due diligence and acquisition of Austrian Solar Chile Cuatro, a company controlled by the Austrian Solar Group and owner of the PV power project "Huatacondo" of 98MW of capacity.
- Codelco on the negotiation and renegotiation of its PPAs with Engie, AES Gener and Colbún and various tender processes for the acquisition of natural gas for the supply of Codelco's mining operations.
- Sempra/Chilquinta on the due diligence and acquisition of Compañía Transmisora del Norte Grande, owned by AES Gener and its subsidiary Eléctrica Angamos, for USD219 million, consisting of 316 kms of transmission lines located in the regions of Antofagasta, Valparaíso and Metropolitana.
- Total and SunPower Corporation on the negotiation of PPA to supply 500 GWh to Colbún. The PPA enabled the financing and construction of the Santa Isabel PV Project of 190MW.
- Sierra Gorda, a mining company owned by KGHM and Sumitomo, on several regulatory and commercial matters related to the supply and transport of energy to the mining facilities.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Electricity, Oil and Gas, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Energy and Natural Resources, Top Ranked Legal.
- Finalist in Energy, Leading Lawyers, Idealis (2016).
- Best Pro Bono Coordinator Award, Fundación Pro Bono (2012).
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Foreign Associate, Corrs Chambers Westgarth, Sydney (2015).
- Member of the Sustainability Committee of Chile-Australia Chamber of Commerce (2010-2012).
- Law Clerk of the Natural Resources, Energy and Environment Group, Carey (2005-2008).
- Co-author of case note on Warkworth Mining Limited v/s Bulga Milbrodale Progress Association Inc, Local Government Law Journal (2015).
- Co-author of the chapter about Regulated Industries: Mining, Doing Business in Chile, 2nd Edition, British Chilean Chamber (2013).
- Co-author of "Lithium Industry & the Chilean Case", Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation (2011).
- Co-speaker "Main Aspects of the Legal Mining Easement" at the XIV Congress of Mining Law (2012).
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- Exchange student, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia (2007).
- LL.M. in Environmental Law, University of Sydney (Beca Chile) (2014).