José Ignacio MillañirAssociate
+56 2 2928 2612
His practice focuses on administrative, constitutional and regulatory law, advising several national and international clients, as well as public entities and state-owned enterprises on all sorts of matters directly or indirectly related to the public sector in Chile, including concessions, public procurement, negotiation and development of public-private associations, litigation before Chilean administrative bodies, ordinary and special courts of justice, the Chilean Public Procurement Court and the Chilean Constitutional Court, legal defense against sanctions imposed by public entities, advice on sectoral regulations in various markets, regarding public policies and legislative matters, as well as issues related to the Chilean Transparency Law.
- Arauco, a relevant forestry company in Chile, on a series of conferences with its Board of Directors regarding the constituent process and the proposal for the new Constitution, including the main issues discussed. The advice included several reports containing a detailed analysis of the potential implications and risks of the new Constitution's rules.
- Strabag, a European construction company with operations in more than 60 countries, on an analysis of the potential impact of the Chilean constitutional process on the construction industry.
- GNL Quintero on a legal report regarding the proposal for the new Constitution, including an analysis of the main topics discussed and the potential risks and benefits that could affect it from its practical application.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan on an analysis of the main topics discussed within the Constitutional Convention, including reports, conferences, updates on the status of the constitutional proposals and the chances of success or failure in the voting process, among others.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Teaching Assistant of Current Constitutional Debates, Universidad Católica de Chile (2022).
- Teaching Assistant of Fundamental and Human Rights, Universidad Católica de Chile (2020).
- Teaching Assistant of Constitutional Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (since 2017).
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Course on Legislative Law, Congreso Nacional (2020).
- Chile (2022).