Skip to content
- CorpGroup on the restructuring of their liabilities, including its banking business (Banco Itaú Corpbanca) and real estate business (Vivocorp), which involved bankruptcy reorganization proceedings in courts of Delaware, USA (Chapter 11) and Chile.
- Enel Chile on the bidding process to sell its corporate interest in Enel Transmisión Chile for USD1.35 billion. The advice also involved the negotiation of the respective stock purchase agreement and ancillary documents; and the sale of intercompany debts. The transaction is subject to several conditions precedent and to antitrust merger clearance.
- Enel on the reorganization of its companies held in Chile, including the merger of Enel Green Power Latin America, a Chilean subsidiary of renewable energy, into Enel Chile, a Chilean subsidiary holding conventional energy assets, together with a tender offer of the latter over Enel Generación Chile.
- Compañía Teck Quebrada Blanca on the expansion of its hypogene project for USD6.2 billion.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A and Corporate Governance, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in M&A, IFLR1000.
- Recognized in M&A, Corporate Governance and Energy, Who's Who Legal.
- Recognized in Arbitration, LACCA.
- Recognized in Arbitration and Mediation; Corporate and M&A; International Arbitration and Investment, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Mergers & Acquisitions, Leaders League.
- Recognized in Corporate M&A, Top Ranked Legal.
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Latin Lawyer (2016).
- Named Lawyer of the Year in Investment, Best Lawyers (2015).
- Law Firm Leader of the Year in Latin America, Latin Lawyer (2008).
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Chambers and Partners (2007).
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Conciliator of the Center for the Settlement of International Investment Disputes (ICSID) in Washington D.C., designated by the Chilean Government (2005-2011; 2011-2016 and 2017-2023).
- Member of the panel of arbitrators of the Arbitration and Mediation Center of the Santiago Chamber of Commerce.
- Vice-chairman of AFP Provida and Minera Quebrada Blanca, and member of the Board of Directors of corporations such as Masisa, Cementos Melón and GNL Quintero. He is also member of the Board of Directors of Centro de Estudios Internacionales of Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Vice-president of the Hong Kong Latin America Business Association (HKLABA).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the International Bar Association.
- Member of the Inter-American Bar Association.
- Former chairman of the British Chilean Chamber of Commerce.
- Former chairman of the Canada Chile Chamber of Commerce.
- Former member of the Board of AMCHAM.
- Former staff attorney, for three years, of both the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) in Washington D.C., USA.
- Professor of Economic Law for a 5-year period at Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Author of legal publications, including "LDC Indebtedness and Debt Conversion: a Chilean View" (1990).
- Frequent lecturer in legal seminars, meetings and conferences both in Chile and abroad.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (ranked highest in his class – Tocornal, Montenegro and Gutiérrez Alliende Awards).
- Master in Comparative Jurisprudence, New York University (Fulbright Scholar).