+56 2 2928 2226
Partner of Carey's Tax Group. She has more than 20 years of experience in local and international taxation, in all areas of Tax law. She has extensive knowledge in M&A, financing, planning, foreign investment, consulting, restructuring, auditing and tax litigation.
In her years as a partner at Carey, her practice has focused on strategic decisions in highly complex matters, legal opinions and the most relevant transactions in the country. She has advised clients such as MetLife, Provida, Ontario Teacher's Pension Fund, SAESA, Chilquinta Energía, Masisa, Iansa, Air Products, Zurich-Santander, Santander-Consumer, among others.
She was the first woman to be elected as partner, in 2008.
- A multinational bank on the tax aspects related to the acquisition of a majority stake and control of a local bank for more than USD2 billion.
- A multinational financial institution on the tax aspects of the sale of its Chilean affiliate to a Colombian holding.
- One of the largest electric power companies in the world on the tax aspects of a capital increase of nearly USD6 billion, one of the largest ever executed in Chile.
- A Canadian pension fund on the tax aspects of the acquisition of a 49.99% stake in a Chilean subsidiary for more than USD1 billion.
- Several mining and energy companies on the tax matters related to credit agreements to finance energy and mining projects.
- An international utility company on the tax aspects of the sale of a group of local companies to an international consortium for approx. USD870 million.
- Several local and multinational companies on tax lawsuits and on VAT exemptions.
- A Latin American group on the local tax aspects of a regional restructuring.
- An international pension manager on a tax efficiency analysis for the acquisition and development of new projects; on the update, under new regulations, of the group's financial institution in the registry of the Chilean tax authority; and on several audits by the Chilean regulator.
- A high net worth individual on restructuring her ownership in holdings and operative companies in Chile and abroad; inheritance tax matters; and defense before audits of the Chilean regulator.
- A Chilean entity on adjusting its investment model from a tax and financial perspective based on the recent tax reform, to mitigate its effect.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Tax, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Tax, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Tax, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Corporate Tax - Advisory, Who's Who Legal.
- Recognized in Tax, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Corporate Tax, Leaders League.
- Recognized in Tax, Top Ranked Legal.
- "Women in Tax Leaders" Award, International Tax Review (2017).
- Named Lawyer of the Year in Tax, Best Lawyers (2014).
- Recognized as one of the 100 female leaders in Chile, El Mercurio (2008 and 2015).
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the Board, MetLife.
- Member of the Board of the Expert Female Lawyers Commission, Colegio de Abogados de Chile (Chilean Bar Association).
- Founder and mentor of the mentorship program for young female lawyers "Learning to Lead", organized by Carey (Best Mentoring Program for Women, Chambers & Partners, 2016).
- Current member and former director (2017-2019) of the International Fiscal Association, Chilean Branch.
- Member of the Legal Circle of ICARE.
- Member of the Chilean Tax Law Institute.
- Professor of the Master in Tax Lax, in the Succession and Donation Tax Course, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in ICLG - Corporate Tax (2019 and 2020).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in Corporate Tax, Global Practice Guides, Chambers & Partners (2016).
- Frequent lecturer and attendant in important tax seminars, conferences, and congresses in Chile and abroad, such as those organized annually by the International Bar Association (IBA), the International Fiscal Association (IFA); by PERUMIN in 2017; and by the National Tax and Customs Office of Colombia in 2019.
- Law, Universidad de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- Degree in Tax Law, Universidad de Chile.
- Chile (1999).