Skip to content
- Qatar Airways, and its affiliates, on the negotiation and execution of a debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing to LATAM Airlines during the reorganization process of the latter, under the Chapter 11 rules in the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, for up to USD2.45 billion.
- UnitedHealth Group on the acquisition of Banmédica, a Chilean healthcare company, for USD2.8 billion. Banmédica has operations in health insurance, healthcare and medical rescue businesses, with presence in Chile, Colombia and Peru.
- Sencorp and Sura on the financing and construction of a real estate project of two buildings located in a high added value area of Santiago that started commercial operations in 2019.
- Qatar Airways on the acquisition of a 10% stake in LATAM Airlines through the subscription of a USD608 million capital increase.
- Amec-Foster Wheeler on the sale of its stake in Petropower, a cogeneration plant located in the Bío Bío region, to ENAP, a Chilean state-owned oil company.
- Air Products on the acquisition of Inversiones y Desarrollos, the remaining major investor in the Chilean company Indura, gaining more than a 97% stake in the company.
- Masisa on launching a tender offer for the partial repurchase of its 9.5% senior notes due 2019, issued and placed in the international markets on May, 2014 under Rule 144A Reg. S of the US Securities and Exchange Commission, for a maximum amount of USD100 million. The aggregate value of the notes issued and placed in 2014 was for USD300 million.
- Air Products and Chemicals, a US publicly-traded company in the atmospheric and specialty gases industry, on the acquisition of 66% of Indura, the largest independent industrial gas company in Latin America, for USD884 million.
- Crystal Lagoons on the analysis and reorganization of its corporate structure around the world in order to execute tax-efficient agreements when providing technology to build low cost lagoons of unlimited size with crystal clear waters.
- Camil Alimentos from Brazil, one of the leading food corporations in Latin America, on the acquisition of Empresas Tucapel, one of Chile’s largest rice producers.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Named Lawyer of the Year in Investment, Best Lawyers (2021).
- Recognized as Law Firm Leader of the Year, Latin Lawyer (2020).
- Recognized in Corporate, M&A and Private Wealth (High Net Worth), Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Tax and Corporate and M&A, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Tax; Corporate and M&A, Corporate Governance and Private Wealth, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in M&A, IFLR1000.
- Recognized in Capital Markets - Debt and Equity, Corporate Tax - Advisory and Controversy, Private Client, M&A and Corporate Governance, Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized in Tax; Corporate and M&A; Banking and Finance and Investment, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Corporate M&A, Top Ranked Legal.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA): chair of the Legal Practice Division (2017-2018); member of the Management Board; past chair and member of the Advisory Board of the Latin American Regional Forum; past co-chair of the Corporate and M&A Section; member of the Advisory Board of the Law Firm Management Committee.
- Member of the Board of Sencorp, Banmédica (UnitedHealth Group) and Evercrisp (Frito Lay Chile), and chairman of the Board of MetLife Chile.
- Director of Interlex.
- President of The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Chile.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Chairman, World Services Group (2004-2005).
- Assistant professor of Taxation, Universidad Católica de Chile Law School (1981).
- Foreign associate, Steel, Hector & Davis, Miami (1979).
- Semi-finalist, Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, Washington D.C. (1978).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in China Trade and investment in Latin America, The Legal 500 Guide (2020).
- Co-author of the Chilean Chapter of Corporate Tax, Global Practice Guides, Chambers & Partners (2016).
- Co-author of the introductory article "Mergers and Acquisitions in Chile: Approaching the Controlling Shareholder", Who’s Who Legal (2014).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of "Tax on Inbound Investment", Getting The Deal Through (2011-2013).
- Frequent lecturer in legal seminars, meetings and conferences both in Chile and abroad.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- ICADE and Universidad de Deusto, Spain (1972-1975).
- Program of Instruction for Lawyers, Harvard University (1986).