Skip to content
- A German company and global leader in container shipping on labor aspects of the acquisition, for approx. USD1 billion, of the port terminals and inland logistics business of a Chilean multinational company that provides foreign trade services. The operation includes ten terminals in six countries in the Americas, and all the inland logistics business.
- A leading biopharmaceutical company, and one of the largest producers of vaccines against Covid-19 in the world, on the relocation of a group of expatriates and also, on the onboarding process of national employees, including the analysis of different hiring structures, drafting employment documents, advising on the immigration alternatives and issuance of visas and work permits required to work and live in Chile.
- An international digital infrastructure company, on the revision of all employment and labor issues associated to the acquisition of four data centers from Empresa Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (Entel) and the negotiation of the respective purchase agreement, the formalization of the change of employer, including drafting appropriate documentation for the incorporation of Equinix's entities in Chile and all the required paperwork before social security institutions and labor authorities.
- A dry bulk shipping company on all the employment matters associated to the incorporation of a JV, including the due diligence process and the negotiation of the respective asset purchase agreement, the cross-border restructuring process of the workforce, the implementation of different hiring structures, and on the analysis of the employment and labor implications associated to the change of employer.
- A local subsidiary of a global company specializing in robotics, power generation and other electrification and engineering technologies, in connection with an internal investigation for sexual and labor harassment involving high-profile employees. The case was closed with no litigation occurring.
- A unicorn Chilean food-tech company producing plant-based alternatives to animal-based food products, on all the day-to-day employment and labor related matters, including analyzing different courses of actions available to carry out dismissals; analyzing risks associated to the hiring of individuals under different structures; drafting labor documentation; advising on the immigration alternatives and reviewing and adjusting several internal policies, which need to be in compliance with the law and with the company's strong diversity values.
- An international service and consulting technology company on the design of a relocation strategy for high-level LatAm executives, from an employment, tax, and social security perspective. This process involved planning the suspension of the Chilean employment relationship and its implementation and the planning of the cross-border chargeback between LatAm jurisdictions.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Named Lawyer of the Year in Immigration, Best Lawyers (2022).
- Recognized in Labor & Employment, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Labor and Employment, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Labor, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Labor, Employment and Benefits, and Corporate Immigration, Who's Who Legal.
- Recognized in Labor and Employment, Immigration and Employee Benefits, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Labor and Employment, Leaders League.
- Recognized in Labor and Employment, Leading Lawyers, Idealis.
- Recognized in Labor and Employment, Top Ranked Legal.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the Board of the Expert Female Lawyers Commission, Colegio de Abogados de Chile (Chilean Bar Association).
- Member of the Diversity Committee of the Chile Australia Chamber of Commerce (AUSCHAM).
- Member of the Board of the Employment Law Alliance (ELA).
- Next Gen representative for Latin America at the Employment Law Alliance (ELA).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of the "Latin American Investigations Guide", Hogan Lovells (2019).
- Co-author of the IBA Report on the Future of Work, IBA (2019).
- Co-author of the article "Whistleblowing in Chile", Cross Border Chart, Data Guidance (2018).
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Degree in Labor and Social Security Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2007).
- Master in Labor Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (2012).
- Master in Human Resources Management and Organizational Analysis, King’s College London (2013).
- Degree in Labor Reform, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (2017).
- Course in Management of Workplace Harassment, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (2020).