José Antonio EspinosaAssociate
+56 2 2928 2213
His practice is primarily focused on civil, commercial and environmental litigation and arbitration, before ordinary and special courts.
He previously worked as an Associate of Carey's Corporate/M&A Group and his practice focused on corporate and commercial law, international trade, foreign investment and general practice.
- General Electric on the sale of its subsidiary GE Industrial Solutions to ABB, a Swiss technology leader company, for USD2.6 billion.
- VTR on a financing with several domestic and foreign banks and financial institutions for USD484 million, consisting in a revolving credit line for up to USD185 million; a local long term loan for approx. USD 275 million (CLP174,000 million) and another revolving credit line for approx. USD24 million (CLP15,000 million).
- Piscicultura Tierra del Fuego, subsidiary of Nova Austral, on a Term Loan Facility Agreement for USD26.5 million granted by DNB Bank ASA and supported as guarantor by EKF, Denmark’s Export Credit Agency.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Professor of Civil Law, Universidad de los Andes (since 2018).
- Teaching Assistant of Constitutional Law, Universidad de los Andes (2015-2016).
- Research Assistant in FONDECYT Program, Law School, Universidad de los Andes (2015-2016).
- Teaching Assistant of Economic Law, Universidad de los Andes (2014-2016).
- Law, Universidad de los Andes (Summa Cum Laude).
- Academic Excellence Honor Award, Universidad de los Andes (2011-2015).
- Best Student of the Class Award in Procedural Law, Universidad de los Andes (2015).
- Best Student of the Class Award in Criminal Law, Universidad de los Andes (2015).
- Chile (2017).