+56 2 2928 2208
His practice focuses on legal, environmental and social advice and strategy for the development of renewable energy projects and natural resources transactions. Additionally, on project finance and negotiation of credit agreements, as well as commercial and corporate matters, such as the structuring of joint ventures, due diligence, mergers and acquisitions, contract negotiation and corporate governance issues.
Previously, his practice focused on mergers and acquisitions, international transactions, government contracts, project development and financing, and commercial and corporate advisory services.
- KSL Capital Partners, a US-based private equity firm, and its Australian luxury hotel platform Baillie Lodges, on the acquisition of Tierra Hotels. The latter is a Chilean luxury lodge chain with hotels in Torres del Paine (Patagonia), San Pedro de Atacama and Chiloé.
- Frutura, a US-based sales and marketing network of fresh fruits spanning assets in the US, Peru and Uruguay, on the acquisition of Subsole, one of Chile's largest fresh fruit companies and leading exporter, specially of table grapes.
- Birch Hill Equity Partners on the domestic aspects of the acquisition of ERCO Worldwide, the special chemical business of Superior Plus Corp. that operates in Canada, Chile and the US for approx. USD480 million.
- Mainstream Renewable Power, and its subsidiaries in Chile, on a project financing for approx. USD162 million granted by CaixaBank, DNB Bank ASA and KfW IPEX-Bank and a VAT facility for approx. USD16 million granted by Scotiabank Chile, for the development and construction of Copihue, the last phase of its "Andes Renovables" wind and solar platform in Chile.
- Ponsse Oyj, a Finnish manufacturer of forest machines, on the acquisition of the forest machine business of FC Ventas, its Chilean distributor.
- Mainstream Renewable Power, and its subsidiaries in Chile, on a project financing for approx. USD620 million granted by Inter-American Investment Corp., CaixaBank, DNB ASA, KfW IPEX-Bank and Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group and a VAT facility granted by Banco Santander Chile for approx. USD53 million, for the development and construction of Huemul, a five non-conventional renewable energy portfolio. This portfolio is comprised by two wind farms (Ckani and Llanos del Viento) and two solar PV plants (Pampa Tigre and Valle Escondido) located in the north of Chile and one wind farm (Puelche Sur) located in the south of Chile, with a combined capacity of 630 MW. It will partially serve the PPAs awarded to Mainstream in the 2015/01 public tender process to supply 3,366 GWh/year to distribution companies.
- Asmodee Group on the due diligence, drafting, negotiation and execution of the purchase of the shares of a local distributor of board games.
- Io Group on the negotiation, drafting and execution of the sale of certain assets to an e-learning local company.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Secondment, Atlas Renewable Energy and its subsidiaries in Chile (2022).
- Secondments, Mainstream Renewable Power and its subsidiaries in Chile (2019-2020-2021).
- Teaching Assistant of Civil Law, Universidad de los Andes (2016-2017).
- Teaching Assistant of Administrative Law, Universidad de los Andes (2013).
- Teaching Assistant of Economic Law, Universidad de los Andes (2012).
- Law, Universidad de los Andes.
- Academic Excellence Honor Award, Universidad de los Andes (2012 and 2013).
- Universidad de los Andes Award, given to the student with an all-round excellence in law school (2015).
- Chile (2017).