+56 2 2928 2232
His practice focuses on representing Chilean and foreign clients in the acquisition and sale of public and private companies, mergers, private equity and venture capital transactions, capital markets and corporate and commercial matters in general.
- UnitedHealth Group on the acquisition of Banmédica, a Chilean healthcare company, for USD2.8 billion. Banmédica has operations in the health insurance, healthcare and medical rescue businesses, with a presence in Chile, Colombia and Peru.
- Codelco on the issuance of 10-year bonds for USD400 million approx. (UF10 million) in the local market, representing the return of Codelco to the local bond market after being out for more than a decade. Also, on the mining coordination, planning and operation agreement of the neighboring operations Los Bronces (Anglo American) and Andean Division (Codelco).
- Kredito, a Chilean Fintech focused on granting microcredits to clients who cannot access traditional banking products, on its incorporation, the structuring of its successive investment rounds —both by way of issuing convertible loans and equity— and on its negotiations with angel investors, family offices, business groups and investment funds.
- Future Positive, an international VC firm, on an investment for USD85 million in the Chilean unicorn The Not Company (NotCo).
- IFC (as cornerstone investor) on an investment in commercial papers issued by Fondo Esperanza, a microfinance entity that supports vulnerable sectors in Chile, especially women microentrepreneurs, becoming the first “social” and gender focused debt securities in the Chilean capital market.
- Antoni Lelo de Larrea Venture Partners (ALLVP), a Mexican venture capital fund, on its investment in Fintual, an online financial advisor and broker-dealer based in Chile.
- Andes Biotechnologies on its financing rounds and on the process of internationalization of the company.
- Several venture capital investment funds on their incorporation, capital raising and investments in Chilean and foreign start-ups.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- International Lawyer, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, New York, USA (2021-2022).
- Assistant Professor of Civil Law, Universidad de los Andes (2018-2020).
- Teaching Assistant of Civil Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2012-2016).
- Teaching Assistant of Law, Faculty of Economics and Business, Universidad de Chile (2012).
- Author of the article "Comments about the Fintech Law" (2022) and "CORFO and Venture Capital Financing" (2021), Revista Industria Legal.
- Co-author of "Proposal to Facilitate the Merger of Chilean Companies into a Foreign Company", Estudios de Derecho Comercial en Sextas Jornadas Chilenas de Derecho Comercial, Ediciones UC (2017).
- Conference "The Rights of Controlling Shareholders", International Seminar on Corporate Governance organized by the CGC UC, the Hennick Centre of Canada, Columbia University and Carey (2017).
- Speaker in workshops and conferences on fund formation, private equity, venture capital and corporate law organized by Fundación Independízate, Universidad del Desarrollo, Universidad Andrés Bello, Universidad de la Frontera, Know-Hub, Hub Tec, UC-U. Cambridge Summer School, among other institutions.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- Exchange student, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China (2014).
- Carey Award, given to the best Civil Law student of his class (2011 and 2013).
- Fernando Rozas Vial Award, given to the best Civil Law student of his class (2014).
- LL.M., Harvard Law School (Dean’s Scholar Prize in Law and Economic Development) (2021).
- Chile (2016).
- New York (2022).