NIC Chile’s New Policies for Domain Names .cl
Starting on December 1, 2013, NIC Chile will apply new application policies and dispute settlement procedures concerning .cl Domain Names. The most important changes introduced are the following:
- Instant registration of a Domain Name: Pending applications will seize to exist and requested domain names will be registered at the moment of submitting an application, prior fee payment. NIC Chile will publish all registrations and enable immediate operation of the newly registered domain names.
- Revocation requests will replace Domain Name oppositions.
- User account system for comprehensive management of Domain Names portfolio: Operations such as application, renewal and other proceedings, may be managed through this platform.
- Clearly defined roles and functions for Domain Name agent managers: holder, commercial manager, technician and administrative.
- Removal of Mediation stage, which will be replaced by online arbitration.
- Standardization of Arbitrators' fees, which will be announced by NIC Chile.
For a better service, and keeping in mind our clients best interest, we are taking all necessary actions in order to keep you informed of any important issue that may arise and that may require your attention. Carey will be monitoring and immediately notify our clients of any eventual Domain Name revocation application which must be filed within 30 days of the Domain Name’s registration, only based on "preferential interest" or "better right". If you have any doubts or questions regarding this new policy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding the matters discussed in this news alert, please contact the following attorneys or call your regular Carey contact.
+56 2 2928 2612
This news alert is provided by Carey y Cía. Ltda. for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended and should not be construed as legal advice.
Carey y Cía. Ltda.
Isidora Goyenechea 2800, 43rd Floor
Las Condes, Santiago, Chile.