- All persons entering the country must complete a Sworn Affidavit of their state of health.
- For those people who enter Chile through airports, the aforementioned declaration must be completed through an electronic form available on the site c19.cl up to 48 hours before boarding the aircraft entering national territory. This form will be considered as necessary documentation to enter the country and will be reviewed by the health authority at the point of entry.
- For those who enter the country through land or sea border crossings and for cases qualified by the airport operator, the Affidavit may be manually completed and presented at the point of entry into the country.
- Any person who enters from abroad, regardless of their nationality, place of origin or destination region in Chile, must adhere to the Traveler Tracking program during the 14 days following their entry into national territory or until they leave. To comply with the Traveler Tracking program, they must complete a symptom and location report form for 14 days. This will be carried out by completing a health status survey that the traveler will receive daily by email from the health authority.
- Regardless of the PCR Test, those travelers whose destination is a region other than the one entering Chile, may continue with their trip during the first 24 hours after entering the country by means of public or private transport, complying with all pertinent sanitary measures.
Measures applicable to Chilean and regular foreign residents in Chile:
- Chileans and foreigners regularly residing in national territory who enter Chile, regardless of the country of origin or the region of destination in Chile, must comply with the 14-day quarantine measure at their final destination. They may be exempted from this obligation to the extent that they have a PCR Test for SARS-COV-2 (“PCR Test”) with a negative result, in the following terms:
- If the PCR Test is carried out abroad, its negative result must be presented to the health authority upon entry to the country. The result of the PCR Test must be attached as an attachment to the aforementioned Affidavit in number 1, letter a) above. The sampling may not be older than 72 hours, counted from boarding the ship, aircraft or means of transportation entering national territory. If the trip from the point of origin to Chilean territory includes the use of various means of transport, the aforementioned 72 hours will be counted from boarding the last of these.
- If the PCR Test is performed in Chile and reports a negative result, the person will be authorized to end the quarantine period from the time of receipt of the result. For these purposes, the person may leave on one occasion from the place where they are quarantined for the sole purpose of performing the PCR Test.
Measures applicable to foreign non-resident (tourists) regularly in Chile:
- Foreign non-residents regularly in the country, may only enter the national territory if they have a negative PCR test result. The sampling may not be older than 72 hours, counted from the boarding of the aircraft entering national territory. If the trip from the point of origin to Chilean territory includes the use of several aircrafts, the aforementioned 72 hours will be counted from boarding the last of these.
- In addition, foreigners who are not regular residents in Chile must have valid travel medical insurance, which covers those expenses that may cause emergency medical assistance or emergency hospital care during their entire stay in the country, repatriation for medical reasons or death, including coverage of any expenses originated by Covid-19. The minimum amount of coverage for health benefits must be US$ 30,000 Dollars of the United States of America. It will the traveler’s responsibility to extend the validity of the insurance in case of extending their trip over the declared time upon entry to the country.
- Both the result of the PCR Test and the medical insurance certificate must be attached as an attachment to the individualized Sworn Statement in number 1 above, letter a).
- Those entering the country according to letters a), b) are excluded from fulfilling the individualized entry requirements in numbers 2 and 3 above; c), d) and f) of the second paragraph of the second article of Supreme Decree No. 102, of 2020, of the Ministry of the Interior and Public Security.
- It will be the responsibility of the company that carries out the transfer of the passenger to the national territory to verify that he/she has the necessary documents for entering the country and complies with the preceding obligations. In the event of non-compliance with the provisions of the preceding paragraphs, the health authority may deny entry to the country of the foreign passenger who is not a regular resident in Chile. Consequently, it will be the responsibility of the indicated company to return the passenger to his/her place of origin.
- Notwithstanding compliance of the measures provided above, until December 7, 2020, inclusive, non-resident foreigners on a regular basis who come from countries that the World Health Organization has defined as countries of community transmission, must comply with the quarantine measure for 14 days, which can only be interrupted for purposes of leaving the national territory. Notwithstanding the foregoing, this restriction will not affect: personnel sent to Chile by other States or international organizations to provide humanitarian aid or international cooperation duly accepted by Chile; those who carry diplomatic and official visas issued by the Chilean Ministry of Foreign Relations; those who are holders of diplomatic or official passports or are international officials, who have authorization from the Protocol Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (letters h, i, and o, of the second paragraph of the second article of supreme decree No. 102, of 2020, of the Ministry of the Interior and Public Security), and to those who are in the other cases that the health authority exempts from compliance with quarantine for well-founded reasons.
AUTHORS: Oscar Aitken, Francisca Corti, Monserrat Nova.