As of next Monday, March 25th, the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Interior will require the original passport in order to carry out any process before said authority, through a third party with power of attorney, including among others:
- Request and extension of Special Work Permit for Tourists;
- Request and extension of Visa and Permanent Residence, application receipts;
- Request and extension of Special Work Permit associated to visa application;
- Tourist Card extension and retrieval; and
- Retrieval of Permanent Residence Certificates.
If you have any questions regarding the matters discussed in this news alert, please contact the following attorneys or call your regular Carey contact.
+56 2 2928 2223
This news alert is provided by Carey y Cía. Ltda. for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended and should not be construed as legal advice.
Carey y Cía. Ltda.
Isidora Goyenechea 2800, 43rd Floor
Las Condes, Santiago, Chile.