On March 20, 2020 the Environmental Assessment Service (“SEA”) issued Exempt Resolution No. 20209910194, by means of which it suspended from March 20, 2020 to March 21, 2020 (both dates included) the terms of the following environmental impact assessment proceedings:
- Environmental Impact Declarations (“EID”) and Environmental Impact Studies (“EIS”) with ongoing citizenship participation processes.
- EID with environmental burdens in which the execution of a citizen participation process has been established.
- EID and EIS in which a new citizen participation process is initiated.
- EIS submitted to the Environmental Impact Assessment System within the abovementioned term.
- EID and EIS in which meetings with people belonging to indigenous communities must be held.
Virtual Reception Office
On March 20, 2020 the SEA issued Exempt Resolution No. 20209910195, by means of which virtual reception offices for the Regional Directions and the Executive Directions are enforced. These offices work through emails. This mechanism will have effect upon SEA’s decision, which is subject to the sanitary contingency.