Kindly note that Decree No. 221, of the Ministry of the Interior and Public Security, was published today, extending the validity of Supreme Decree No. 102, of 2020, of the Ministry of the Interior and Public Security, which provides for the temporary closure of places authorized for the entry and exit of foreigners, due to public health emergency of international importance given the outbreak of the new Coronavirus (2019-NCOV) , until September 30, 2021.
The foregoing, notwithstanding the fact that it may be modified, in view of the evolution experienced by the outbreak of COVID-19, in the national territory.
Exceptionally, Chilean nationals and foreign residents in Chile will be allowed to exit the country provided that:
- They have a valid Mobility Pass, according to the applicable health regulations and exit the country through the Santiago´s Airport; or
- Request via the Virtual Police Station platform, an extraordinary authorization form for the travel of people abroad, for urgent and qualified reasons, notwithstanding the sanitary measures indicated in the country of destination, in the following cases:
- for humanitarian reasons;
- as essential for the health of the applicant;
- to carry out the steps necessary for the proper running of the country; and
- for or to reside abroad.
AUTHORS: Óscar Aitken, Francisca Corti, Francisco Arce.