Partner of Carey and co-head of the Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions / Insurance / Government Procurement Groups. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, government procurement, corporate compliance, insurance, real estate, and gaming law matters.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized as Leading Individual in Corporate and M&A; Insurance and Real Estate, Chambers Latin America.
- Ranked in Corporate and M&A, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, and Insurance, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Government Procurement, Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized in Anti-Corruption & Compliance, LACCA.
- Law, Universidad Chile.
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center (graduated with honors) (2001).
- Co-author of “International Joint Ventures: A Guide for U.S. Lawyers”, American Bar Association (2013).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of Anti-Corruption Regulation, Getting the Deal Through (2011 to 2013).
- Author of “Doing Business in South America”, International Practitioner’s Deskbook Series, ABA Section of International Law (2011).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in “Joint Ventures in the International Arena”, amongst others, 2nd Edition, International Practitioner’s Deskbook Series, ABA Section of International Law (2010).
- Author and editor of several articles published in the book The International Lawyer, including papers on corporate issues, energy, natural resources, gaming law, labor law and other regulatory matters, ABA Section of International Law (since 2005).
- Co-author of “International Arbitration: Practical Considerations with a Latin American Focus”, The Journal of Structured and Project Finance (2003).
Frequent speaker in international seminars on legal matters relevant to his practice, including corporate compliance, anti-corruption, etc.
Activities and Memberships
- Member of the District of Columbia Bar.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the American Bar Association’s Section of International Law: Membership Officer, Executive Committee, Administration Committee and Council member (2015-2016); Division Chair at Finance Division, Council Member (2012-2015); Senior Advisor, Chair, Vice-Chair, Latin American & Caribbean Committee (2004-2014).
- Training to Latin American subsidiaries of U.S. companies on FCPA and other compliance matters.
Continues in the next page...