Member of Carey’s Litigation Group. His practice focuses on civil and commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution, both before ordinary courts and special litigation.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- LL.M., Columbia University (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) (Fulbright and Beca Chile scholarship) (2015).
Activities and Memberships
- International Associate, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, New York (2015-2016).
- Research Assistant, Professor Richard R.W. Brooks, Columbia University (2014-2015).
- Teaching Assistant of Civil Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2012-2014).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the New York Bar Association.
- Chile (2012).
- New York (2016).
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- Credit Suisse Securities, Credicorp Capital Sociedad Agente de Bolsa, Morgan Stanley & Co. and Scotia Capital, as initial purchasers, in an offering of USD350 million of 4.875% Notes due 2026 issued by Kallpa Generación, a Peruvian corporation. The offering was conducted in reliance upon Rule 144A and Regulation S under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933 (Simpson Thacher & Bartlett).
- Graña y Montero, a Peruvian construction company, in presenting its 20-F annual form in New York under the rules of the Securities and Exchange Commission (Simpson Thacher & Bartlett).
- Fundación Social, a Colombian foundation, in the purchase from J.P. Morgan of a 18.8% stake in the Colombian bank Banco Caja Social (Simpson Thacher & Bartlett).
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, in the placement in New York of American Depositary Shares (ADS) representing 93.8 million ordinary shares of Pampa Energía, an Argentinean energy company (Simpson Thacher & Bartlett).
- Pro bono counseling of an undocumented Guatemalan immigrant in processing a Class U Visa for victims of crimes in the United States (Simpson Thacher & Bartlett).
Continues in the next page...