Partner of Carey and co-head of the Construction and Engineering Group and head of the Real Estate Group. He advises domestic and foreign clients on infrastructure projects, engineering and construction, mining and energy facilities, EPC, EPCM, BoP, BOT, O&M contracts, claim management, administration of projects, real estate development, land development and related legal issues.
Awards and Recognitions
Recognized as Leading Individual in Projects and Real Estate, Chambers Latin America.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- LL.M., Northwestern University, Chicago (2009).
- Certificate in Business Administration, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Chicago (2009).
Activities and Memberships
- Professor of the Course on Specialization in Construction Law, Law School, Universidad de los Andes (2015-2016).
- Professor of Law, Business School, Universidad de Chile (2011-2012).
- Former Project Manager in important real estate developing and consulting companies.
- Member of the Chilean Society of Construction Law.
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- Sierra Gorda in the preparation of operation phase contracts including services, procurement and construction contracts.
- Latin American Power in the preparation and negotiation of a S&I and a BoP contract for the development of a 184MW wind farm in Chile.
- Banco Security and Banco Consorcio regarding the financing of the Uribe Solar project, a photovoltaic power plant of app. 50MW. The project will inject power to the Norte Grande Interconnected System, owned by Fotovoltaica Norte Grande 5, Chilean subsidiary of Gestamp Renewables, a leading European energy Company with worldwide operations, for USD102 million.
- An international consortium in the negotiating of a highway construction contract under a public concession.
- A national shipyard company in rebuilding its port facilities after the earthquake of 2010.
- A major international retailer in negotiating their long term lease contracts in Chile.
- An important energy company in the development of several energy projects in Chile, including the preparation and negotiation of all related contracts (EPC, BOP, TSA, etc.), project administration and dispute resolution.
Continues in the next page...