Skip to content
- Continental Grain on the due diligence, structuring and negotiation for the acquisition of a stake in Agroberries, a Chilean agricultural company with farms in Chile, Peru, Mexico, the United States and Argentina. Carey coordinated the due diligence of all the aforementioned jurisdictions.
- Sociedad Concesionaria Vespucio Norte Express on the redemption of its Series A bonds and the replacement of the credit insurance policy underwritten by MBIA, as monoliner, for a new security package for the benefit of the holders of such bonds. The redemption took place by means of both the exchange of the redeemed bonds for bonds issued under a new indenture agreement (with security granted directly in favor of the bondholders), and a minor portion of prepayment. Costs associated with the transaction were financed with a credit facility provided by Scotiabank Chile.
- Electrolux Chile, a public listed company, on the structuring of a capital increase for approx. USD6.5 million. The advice included all matters relating to the approval from the shareholders and the registration of the new shares before the local securities regulator (Comisión para el Mercado Financiero - CMF) and the Santiago Stock Exchange.
- The founding partners of 1190 (TVO Sport), a Chilean sports rights management and sports entertainment company, on the sale of the company to Fanatiz. Fanatiz is a Chilean-founded start-up that created an OTT platform offering live and on-demand streaming of sporting events like top soccer leagues such as La Liga and tournaments as the Copa Libertadores.
- Westchester Group Chile Investment Management, one of the world’s largest agricultural investment funds, on the acquisition of farms, water rights and other assets in the Maule region.
- Nestlé on the purchase of La Fête Chocolat, a Chilean company that produces premium chocolates and has over 40 sale points throughout the country and an online store.
- Grupo SAESA, a relevant energy distribution holding in Chile, on the registration of new entities at the Securities Registry of the CMF in the context of a corporate reorganization as required by Law Nr. 21,194, which establishes that distribution companies must have exclusivity in the energy distribution business.
- Enel Américas, a public company listed in Chile and in the New York Stock Exchange, on the structuring of a capital increase and equity public offering for USD3 billion. The advice included structuring the public offering, approval of the capital increase from the shareholders and the registration of the new shares before the local securities regulator (CMF) and the New York Stock Exchange.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Teaching Assistant of Procedural Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2015-2016).
- Teaching Assistant of Civil Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2019-2020).
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- Exchange Student, Universiteit Van Amsterdam (2016).